MASM32 SDK Description, downloads and other helpful links
MASM32.com New Forum Link
masmforum WebSite

Tiny IDE

Started by jj2007, May 04, 2012, 09:21:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jj2007

Quote from: nixeagle on May 07, 2012, 06:42:32 AM
What would you like me to "catch before the keypress"?

The file C:\Masm32\TinyIDE\TinyTmp.asm that caused the error messages. But you put me on the right track, mystery solved:

The HelloWorld.rtf was created with TinyIDE's big brother, RichMasm, which uses hidden text to store last edit position and history, last searches, bookmarks etc, and has a routine to skip the hidden text when exporting plain text for use with Masm. Such effort is not foreseen for the tiny version, and not needed if sources have no hidden codes. However, if a RichMasm source is used in TinyIDE, and Ms Word is not installed (i.e. no C:\Program Files\Common Files\microsoft shared\OFFICE11\RICHED20.DLL present), then it uses C:\Windows\System32\riched20.dll - and that one does export the hidden text, so bang it chokes on your puter...

This is an undocumented "feature" of RichEdit controls (I wonder if the author of the RichEdit control is still aware of it...). Google for riched20.dll "hidden text" EM_STREAMOUT to see the only reference to this on MSDN - under "community additions" from a certain jj2006 ::)

Sorry for the rant. To cut a long story short: The attachment has a cleaned HelloWorld.rtf - unzip all to the root of your Masm32 drive and run \Masm32\TinyIDE\TinyIDE.exe

Update, version TinyIDE070512c.zip: Try \Masm32\examples\unicode_generic\multi_lingual\multi_lingual.asm with TinyIDE. You can even open the rsrc.rc file in TinyIDE and edit the Chinese strings at the bottom if you like :bg

Quote; ¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤
;                                Build this dialog with MAKEIT.BAT [jj: that will fail from qEditor because drive H: is not available (3*"The system cannot find the path specified.), but TinyIDE builds it just fine :wink]
IF 0  ; ¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤

Note that the resource script for this file is written in UNICODE so that it can display
    character sets that cannot be represented in an ANSI editor [jj: but TinyIDE can see and edit them]. The different character sets
    were translated in GOOGLE then added to the string table in the RSRC.RC file.

ENDIF ;