MASM32 SDK Description, downloads and other helpful links
MASM32.com New Forum Link
masmforum WebSite

Little memory problem... i think...

Started by NightWare, August 23, 2007, 08:59:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NightWare

hi all,

(i post things here because of my particular calling conventions...)

previously made to convert a bmp file to a 32 bits/align 16 bmp file (to allow me to directly make change on the loaded file) this tool become later a tiny bmp viewer.
but i have a problem with this code... when i assign this tool as default to see a bmp file, it works fine when i download a bmp from the tool, it also works fine with tiny pictures when i download it as argument, but there is a problem with important file : it seems it heavily use the swap file of the system... it dramatically slow down the loading... and if the bmp is really large i have an error message from the system, it tell me "unable to allocate internal tables", and finish with insufficient virtual memory (and of course it's not the case, it's true i allocate large memory block but not enough to exceed the vitual mem, anyway it should also be the case when i download the same bmp from the tool)...
i'd like to know if someone has already encoutered a similar problem... i don't know if the problem come from heapcreate/heapalloc, if it's because i use a thread, or because i alloc and free large block too fast, or for another reason...

the code is in french, like always... here i just post the code because the hardrive activity could appear suspicious for some people if i just post the tool...

[attachment deleted by admin]