MASM32 SDK Description, downloads and other helpful links
MASM32.com New Forum Link
masmforum WebSite

16 to 32 bit mode.

Started by stebra, March 10, 2007, 10:05:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stebra

Hello fellow Masm users,
                                   Is there anybody out there whom is willing to take on a small project involving the conversion of a 16bit program to a 32bit program running the 'flat' memory model ?
Over the coarse of many years i have constructed an assembly language program which simply plays the 'chess-openings'. This is merely a look-up table with a code section for testing the legallity of an inputted move. However, the small 64k data segments are simply not enough for what i want. With all the dos interrupts for keyboard input and video graphics this presents somewhat of a problem to me !  I am not a programmer by profession and probably passed the age now where i can get my brain around this problem. Therefore i seek to hire a suitable person to carry out this conversion for whatever payment they may deem fit.
Regards, Steve.

sinsi

Quote from: stebra on March 10, 2007, 10:05:00 PM
I am not a programmer by profession
I'm sure that a lot of us aren't either (including me). I'll have a look if you like - it sounds really easy  :bg.
Light travels faster than sound, that's why some people seem bright until you hear them.

stebra

Hello Sinsi,
                I will need your email address so as to send you the .asm file. I will send the executable too so as you can see it function !
Fine regards, steve.

p.s.   I am not quite sure how to use this site yet as i only spied it yesterday !