News:

MASM32 SDK Description, downloads and other helpful links
MASM32.com New Forum Link
masmforum WebSite

directx tutorial pages

Started by dancho, December 07, 2006, 04:19:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheGreatJason

w00t, the dxSDK download has finally ended!!  Yeah, I'll probably need those .inc files as well.  Time to get started then.

dancho

this is Tut03_Matrices from DSDK,with diferent tehnics for triangle rotation,but
still cant translate it right,triangle just dont rotate...
check it out...

btw
Matrices.zip is C++ DSDK version

[attachment deleted by admin]

TheGreatJason

I've got the DSDK files like I said, and extracted the necessary files.  d3dx9_30.dll (and also 24 thru 31) is already installed on my system, and it is also in the DSDK in the x86 folder of Developer Runtime as d3dx9d_30.dll (presumably for debugging purposes).

Only problem I have now with your thing is actually assembling it since none of those include files are supported by MASM.  (And in fact I'm not entirely sure what they mean)  Are there normal MASM versions anywhere for me, or do I have to work out how to make one?  Not much time now to try, but maybe they can be converted from the .h format in the SDK...

dancho

@Lowly_J
for all files I attached here inc files attached in my previous post are quit enough,
from dsdk you will need d3d9.lib,d3dx9.lib...

btw
if you want to translate *.h files to *.inc masm files I use h2incx from here : http://www.japheth.de/

TheGreatJason

AHA! MAGICK!!!  Hutch had a .lib to .inc converter in the include folder the whole time.  Looks like the same tool used to make the other inc files in the MASM32 project as well, so it's all good.  Now for the real test: does it actually work?? :green2

Seems not...  :'(  Looks like I'll actually have to look through this stuff and see what exactly is wrong.  Something silly no doubt, but it always is...  I think it has something to do with those STDMETHOD things, which clearly don't work in MASM inside structs.  If you think you can explain what they are...

Edit: Hey have you tried searching 900913 for 'MASM directx'.  This topic is on like THE FIRST PAGE!!! (n.b. 20 results per page) We must be pioneers or something...  I wonder if we could code the first ever proper DirectX 3D game completely in assembly.  Now that would be cool...  Make our own physics engine etc. etc.  :toothy :green :toothy :green :toothy

Edit2: Even weirder, now I search for it again it doesn't come up any more.  Maybe it was in the process of crawling this website or something when I searched or it got some data from me.  Or maybe I invalidated by editing the page.  No idea.  I'm confused now... :eek

dancho

check this folder in your masm instalation \\masm32\com\docs,
it will explain better then I ever could about COM ( it is a must know for directshow/directx stuff )...

and there is nice tutorial about writing a game ( tetris ) in masm,
check it out : http://www.gamedev.net/reference/articles/article789.asp