Project Builders

Started by PBrennick, November 21, 2006, 11:10:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PBrennick

Hi everbody. These two projects are as follows:
BuildW.exe is used to build a WINDOWS Project.
BuildC.exe is used to build a CONSOLE Project.

I am attaching the two projects here but they will also be in the next release of The GeneSys Project. Also, I will be porting that code into the GeneSys Editor. I hope you enjoy them as much as I do. I have done extensive testing of them and so has JDoe and Vortex.

These programs requires that the user have only one .asm file in the project folder. If there is more than one file, the additional files should be put into a subfolder such as ASM, for example. The same goes for .RC files. This is already done by most by putting additional .RC files in a subfolder called RES.

The programs will detect if there is no resource file at all and acts accordingly by not trying to link one.

The way it works is the BuildW program will search for the existing .ASM file and will use that name to build the .OBJ file. It will, also, use that name in the link command. The program will do a separate search for the .RC file because it might be named RSRC.RC and will use that filename to create the .RES file. If a resource file is found, it will be linked.

I am using ML.EXE, RC.EXE and LINK.EXE for the moment as they are very stable. Other tools may be just as stable but they are aftermarket tools.

The two projects are built using GeneSys and the executables search \GeneSys\Bin for ml.exe, rc.exe and link.exe; but if you prefer masm32 just replace all occurences of GeneSys with MASM32 and re-assemble the projects.

Enjoy,
Paul

[attachment deleted by admin]
The GeneSys Project is available from:
The Repository or My crappy website