MASM32 SDK Description, downloads and other helpful links
MASM32.com New Forum Link
masmforum WebSite

PVDasm 1.6d

Started by wizzra, September 21, 2006, 09:16:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wizzra

Hey,
A new version of PVDasm disassembler has been released, containing few additions.
for all who doesn't familiar with the PVDasm disassembler, here is a quick information:
The Proview (a.k.a PVDasm) Disassembler is Free, Interactive, Multi-CPU (Intel 80x86/ Chip8) that includes many features which allows the user to perform analysis on the target image file And also has the addition of Online Disassembly called PVPHP.

you can get the latest version right here: http://pvdasm.reverse-engineering.net/index.php?Section=1

Latest addition includes a Script engine called "PVScript" which allows you to perform tetidous commands using script commands - since its still in its youth it contains minimal commands which later will be extended.

enjoy and regards,
Ben

japheth

Hi Ben,

Thanks for PVDasm, which is a good tool!

I also read the readme and the - old - problem about the tooltip window not closing in any case.
Is it impossible to implement a small latency before the tooltip window pops up?

I would also appreciate a vertical scroll bar in the code window and wonder why there is none yet. Or am I missing an option somewhere?

Regards

Japheth

ToutEnMasm

Hello,
Thanks for this tool.
Same remarks for the tooltips.
I use also tooltips in my IDE and used this method.
http://www.masm32.com/board/index.php?topic=5833.msg43383#msg43383
This a short sample in masm that is adapted for this use .
There is no used of events and  the mouse position ,in screen coordinate ,can be used to initialise the tooltip.Mouse clic outside the tooltip close it
                                  ToutEnMasm

wizzra

Quote from: japheth on October 16, 2006, 05:51:45 PM

Hi Ben,

Thanks for PVDasm, which is a good tool!

I also read the readme and the - old - problem about the tooltip window not closing in any case.
Is it impossible to implement a small latency before the tooltip window pops up?

I would also appreciate a vertical scroll bar in the code window and wonder why there is none yet. Or am I missing an option somewhere?

Regards

Japheth

You mean the call/jmp "tool tip" window? :)

BlackVortex

Yes, that tooltip window is irritating, I have to press ESC each time to get rid of it !

I don't know why japheth doesn't get a vertical scroller, I see one, which works perfectly.

I'll be looking forward to better analysis and support for more instruction sets !
Nice job   :clap:

EDIT: Just noticed the dates, jesus christ !

Mark Jones

Of course this was done to a program the author had written themselves, right?

http://pvdasm.reverse-engineering.net/shot11.jpg

If so, then that begs the simple and obvious question: WHY... :lol
"To deny our impulses... foolish; to revel in them, chaos." MCJ 2003.08

BlackVortex

Maybe he lost his sources ?        :cheekygreen: