MASM32 SDK Description, downloads and other helpful links
MASM32.com New Forum Link
masmforum WebSite

A Bitmap Editor

Started by Darrel, July 13, 2006, 11:58:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Darrel

Quote from: Lowly J on October 26, 2006, 10:34:57 PM
There are a few noticable problems with yours at the moment though.  Main one for me is how it handles the multiple image icons.  Not that it handles them very much at all yet...  You see when you open a multi-image icon they all appear on the side.  That's great!  Exactly what we want it to do.  To change onto one you have to double-click on it.  Single-click would be better I think...  No big problem there though.  But if you edit one of them and then change to another, all the edits you have made suddenly disappear on the icon size you were editing...???  And if you try to save the file itself to stop this happening, you find that only the image that was selected is saved, by its poor little self.  We want the whole collection to be saved. 

Now you can edit a multiple image file and save the changes.   :8)

Where have you gone to Lowly J?

Regards,

Darrel

Darrel

Fixed problems with 256 or less color depth

Darrel

GDI and GDI+ apparently do not write the alpha channel to my knowledge. So I either need to do a second bitmap of just the alpha channel (greyscale), which would double the drawing time or allow user to draw alpha channel map prior to saving.

Input appreciated,

Darrel

six_L

bug report:
1. "Font input" doesn't support unicode.
2. "Image"->"Attributes"->modify "w,h" over thrice. crashed.
3. copy JPG file on disk, then "Paste", crashed.
regards

Darrel

Quote from: six_L on November 06, 2008, 06:19:31 PM
bug report:
1. "Font input" doesn't support unicode.
2. "Image"->"Attributes"->modify "w,h" over thrice. crashed.
3. copy JPG file on disk, then "Paste", crashed.

six_L,

Sorry for the slow reponse, I've been taking a hiatus from the computer and programming for awhile. I don't plan on getting back to it until the New Year.

Anyhow, number 3, I have a pretty good idea on what needs to be done. Number 2, shouldn't be to hard to track down and fix. Number 1 I'm in the dark on at present, but will look into after I resolve the other 2 and finishing update for full alpha channel support.

Thanks for the info and I will respond much quicker to any furthe comments and/or suggestions.

Regards,

Darrel

Jimg

I love this bitmap editor, but I can't figure out how to keep my colors the same way they are on input.

I have a 256 color (grayscale) bitmap I'm using as an alpha channel.  FF=white, 00=black, etc.

I want to edit it, but whenever I save it, the editor changes all white pixels to value 01h.

Since I'm using this as an alpha channel, I want white to stay at 255.

What's the secret?  I can't seem to find the option.

Attached is an example bitmap.  Make a copy before you put it in the editor.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Darrel

Jimg,

Thanks for your interest and support.

Currently I am using the gdiplus library to draw with the alpha channel. Which draws okay put does not preserve the alpha channel. Therefor I am dumping gdiplus and writing all my own drawing functions. Which I am very optimistic about since I was redoing my moonphase program and wrote my own drawing procedures for it and it looks pretty good if I do say so myself. :) BTW: the new moonphase program will have have rise and set times of the sun and moon for any given location well within an accuracy of 5 minutes. I think you all will like it when I get it posted. Back to the bitmap editor, I am going to include an option to view just the alpha channel so you will be able to edit it directly (of course I am sure you know it will simply be a greyscale image). I will give you an option to draw antialised per normal or just alpha channel. Therefor say you had a circle it would look jagged but you could save it as  say an alpha icon or cursor, then it will appear smooth when apllied to the windows environment. Anyhow I am currently working on reading and writing all the different *.jpg types, Currently I am using windows to open *.tiff and *.jpg to the various file types in these files. My version will of course aplly a 255 alpha channel to all *.jpg files. Dumping gdiplus means I have to learn font files now! Oh, boy :).

Enough of my rambling.

The short answer I understand your predicament, and it will be fixed, how soon I can not say. Please be patient.

Thanks again for your support and encouragement.

Reagards,  Darrel

Jimg

Excellent.  Thank you Darrel!

Jimg

Darrel-

I just found out, even though the absolute value of the bytes change, I can load it into a true color bitmap and the bytes now have the correct value, and are duplicated for each rgb color.  So I can just pick one color byte and use as I needed.

It's a couple of extra step for me, but no big deal compared to rewriting your whole program :wink

mitchi

I used it 5 times yesterday. I like it. My only problem with it is that I paste a large image coming from the clipboard and I only see a small part of the image, the rest is black. I have to do a first "CROP" to get the full image and then I need to crop again to make the smaller image.

Darrel

Jimg,

I'm glad you found a solution for the time being. None the less I am still going to rewrite just about everything.

mitchi,

I'm unaware of your problem, Have you selected the "Fit to Paste" option in the "Options" menu and "Best Fit" in the "View" menu.

Regards,

Darrel