[WinChaos] Assembly Fractal Renderer - Community Project

Started by mnemonic, May 31, 2006, 10:28:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mnemonic

Hi everyone,

the idea to do a community project came up in this thread.
It started out as a question on optimizing a mandelbrot rendering algorithm and as it is always the case in this forum, everbody has it's own imagination on how something is to be optimized.

I thought for myself that it would be great if we could build a program not only for mandelbrot fractals but for a wide variety of fractals as there are plenty forms of them.

Yesterday morning I asked for project space on sourceforge.net and in the evening I got the message from the sourceforge staff that the project is approved.  :8)
The project can now be found here: http://sourceforge.net/projects/winchaos/

This project should not be taken as a full time job but as a fun project for everyones spare time.
Everybody registered in this forum and the whole world is invited to participate. There are lots of things that have to be done.
There are not only the fractal algorithms that have to be written but also a GUI and maybe plenty of other stuff so there should be something for everyones special skills.

If you want to participate you probably should get an user account on http://sourceforge.net so you will be able to access the SVN (if we decide to use SVN and not CVS) repository and will be able to use other sourceforge features as well.
I think this will be a great experience for everyone that is participating.

At this time we are in a planning state and have to collect ideas on how the project will be realized but I will start another topic in this subforum especially for this purpose.

If you would like to participate you are very welcome, please raise your hand in this thread. If you already have an account on sourceforge.net you may tell me your user name, so I can add you to the development team.
I'm reachable on a variety of ways: mail, instant messenger, this forum...

And just to get it straight: this is not my project, it is your project - our project.
I'm just doing the nasty administrative stuff on sourceforge and will then see where I fit into the development process.

Currently in the team are:

• Stan Hebben
  • raymond
  • mnemonic

I will update this list if someone joins the team.

Kind regards
Jens
Be kind. Everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.--Plato
-------
How To Ask Questions The Smart Way

Manos

Quote from: mnemonic on May 31, 2006, 10:28:59 AM
Yesterday morning I asked for project space on sourceforge.net and in the evening I got the message from the sourceforge staff that the project is approved.  :8)
The project can now be found here: http://sourceforge.net/projects/winchaos/

I can not download the project from
the above address.

Manos.

mnemonic

*cough*

Manos,

that might be due to the fact that nothing has been released by this time. There is not a single line of code checked in at the moment.
We are currently in the planning stage (see the other thread).

If you would like to participate you are welcome.

Regards
Jens
Be kind. Everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.--Plato
-------
How To Ask Questions The Smart Way

savage