MASM32.com New Forum Link
masmforum WebSite

ResEd 1.1.2.9 uploaded

Started by KetilO, April 23, 2006, 03:17:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KetilO

Whats new:

1.1.2.9 - 2006.04.23

o Fixed bug where radasm custom controls on a dialog would trigger endless paint loop.
o Added support for line continuations in strings in the parser.
o Added SS_CENTERIMAGE style to parser and stylemanager.
o Fixed a bug where copy and paste a groupbox or tabcontrol would create duplicate tabindexes
  and ResEd would crash after reporting the problem.

Get it here http://www.radasm.com/projects/ResEd.zip

KetilO

Shantanu Gadgil

Enjoying using v1.1.2.9 (ASM and VC) thoroughly, but I have noticed something about the resource paths...The paths of the added resource are being added as absolute paths as opposed to the previous method of storing the path relative to the location of the .rc file.  :(

Anytime I change the location/path of the project this causes compilation errors for the resource. :'(

Any help on this issue?
To ret is human, to jmp divine!

Sevag.K

I found this problem as well, but got around it by manually writing the relative path in the .rc file.  After this ResEd uses the relative files when processing.

Shantanu Gadgil

Yep...second that...been already doing that...but manually editing the .rc file is getting a bit  :( so was wondering if the "man" was going to do anything about it!!!  :bg

KetilO

It does not happend here. Without more info there is little I can do.
Is there any case sensivity or '/' '\' problems?

KetilO

Shantanu Gadgil

This is what I do.
1. Start a new project and save the .rc somewhere, say C:\ZZZ
2. Include a file located in C:\ZZZ (fullpath C:\ZZZ\myfile.txt")
3. The path that gets stored in the .rc file is the COMPLETE path, i.e. C:\ZZZ\myfile.txt

Based on the location of the .rc and the .txt file, what I was saying was the in the .rc file only the "myfile.txt" should get stored, right?

Doing some testing as I was typing this...found this...  :U :U :U
It seems to be a "current directory" resolution conflict...let me explain...
1. As before, the .rc file (blank or whatever) is stored in C:\ZZZ
2. start a command prompt, and launch ResEd (using full path of ResEd, if required) and the .rc file as the parameter, like so:
QuoteC:\RadASM\ResEd.exe C:\ZZZ\abc.rc
4. Now, when you add any resource or include file, the path evaluates to the COMPLETE path of the added item (most likely cause: the CURRENT DIRECTORY while launching the .rc file was not the one where the .rc file is located)
5. As opposed to the above if you had launched the .rc file from Explorer (the current directory obviously would have been C:\ZZZ) the problem does not occur.

Woohoo!!! Solved (I think)  :8)

KetilO

From your description of the problem i guess it is a case sensivity issue.
To test if this is true try this version of resed.

KetilO

Edit:
New upload
New upload 2006-05-06
New upload 2006-05-07

[attachment deleted by admin]

Shantanu Gadgil

Nope...not helping!  :( :'( Even wierder problem...now when I add any resource, NOTHING shows up...attaching screenshot to illustrate issue. (Rename .zip to .png)

In the screenshot, I have selected the file properly, yet nothing shows up in the list!!!

[attachment deleted by admin]

KetilO

There was a bug in the new grid component.
Try again.

KetilO

Shantanu Gadgil

Nope...still some problem...its a "I told you so" kinda thing. It definitely has to do with the way the CURRENT DIRECTORY (location of the .rc file) is calculated.

OK...try this...
start ResEd
Start a new project (dont save it)
Add a resource, say C:\ZZZ\myicon.ico
(Here the "Auto export when saved" option is enabled)
Click save and save it to C:\ZZZ (same directory as where "myicon.ico" file is located)

The .inc file goes to C:\  :eek :eek :eek
(Most probably the directory used to save the .rc file is not used in the creation of the .inc file)
The .rc file is saved ok in C:\ZZZ and it hold the FULL PATH (again :( ), i.e. C:\ZZZ\myicon.ico

The point I was making in the very first post is...about resolving the PATHs of the the resources in the .rc files when it gets saved and resolve the path of the resource RELATIVE to the location of the .rc file.

That is, say if I have an icon as C:\ICONS\myicon.ico and I create a .rc in C:\ZZZ and include the icon "C:\ZZZ\myicon.ico" in it, the path that should get stored in the .rc should be "..\ICONS\myicon.ico" right?

(Anyway...the .inc getting created on C:\ is making me more and more sure that the "bug" is in the way the ABSOLUTE PATH is calculated)
Hope this helps.

KetilO

The only solution to that problem is to save the new project before adding anything.

KetilO

Sevag.K

ResEd doesn't properly encode the "insert" accelerator key.

KetilO

Thanks

New upload in the abowe post.

o New Project now forces you to create a file since several functions are dependant on a project path.
o Accelerator key INSERT returned wrong code.

KetilO

Sevag.K

That problem is solved, but now if you close the application using the close button, then save changes, close request is cancelled.

KetilO