News:

MASM32 SDK Description, downloads and other helpful links
MASM32.com New Forum Link
masmforum WebSite

Pascal Inline Assembly 8086

Started by DJ_Alex, January 22, 2005, 11:55:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DJ_Alex

Hi guys, I'm a IT engineering studen from Portugal, I know this is a bit "OFFTOPIC" but.. I'm in a hurry :/ and I need help

I need to do a 4 in line board game in pascal inline assembly for 8086 but I cant' find any game examples online :(  Anyone here has 4 in line game source in MASM so I can take a look to get inspired ?  Thanks !

hutch--

DJ,

You go to Rent A Coder to order code, you come to a programming forum to lean to write it yourself.
Download site for MASM32      New MASM Forum
https://masm32.com          https://masm32.com/board/index.php

DJ_Alex

I know that BUT as this project is something popular and I dont have enough knowledge and time to build it, maybe someone already done it at school so I can buy or get my hands in the source code and maybe do some improvement after understanding it. That's why I posted.  You know.. teachers here in Portugal asks for projects at the end of the subject to get more students not passed, University is a business for mafia.. and pupils have to suffer their strategies..  :(

For the first time I got a project that I don't know how to do it.. and the main reason is because Pascal Inline Assembly 8086 is something useless and obsolet so that's why I can't find any game's sourcecode so I can get an idea how to build this...  If it was MASM, it will be easier... because I got lots of MASM source code :(

Mirno

When I read that I see: "Wahhh wahh wah, do my homework for me whahhh, because I'm lazy wahhh".
Do you do all your assignments for all courses by scouring the interweb until you find something similar that you then read and understand?

Even if the particular flavour of assembly you use is obsolete, the thought processes are not. Your teacher wants you to learn these thought processes so you are equipped to program assembly for processor XYZ when you get into the world of work.

When you've got an idea, tried it, and it doesn't work, post the code and why you think it's wrong. Then people may try to help you.

Give a man a fish, and he'll program assembler for one day, teach a man how to program in assembler and he can get a job as a programmer and buy all the fish he wants... Or something like that.

Mirno

DJ_Alex

I know that... but the problem is when you don't have enough time to learn it... and you need to sleep the 8h per night or you get sick as I was becoming... I searched  in lots of seach engines.. there is something but in very old BBS systems that are disabled... so I'm in a real trouble...  I already got the game done in pascal.. but don't know if it will be worth to try to "translate" some code to Assembly...

AeroASM

Quote from: Mirno on February 06, 2005, 09:14:27 PM
Give a man a fish, and he'll program assembler for one day, teach a man how to program in assembler and he can get a job as a programmer and buy all the fish he wants... Or something like that.

Maybe, "Show a man how to program, and he'll succeed for the day, teach a man to program and he'll succed for life."?

Quote from: DJ_Alex on February 11, 2005, 08:32:05 PM
I already got the game done in pascal.. but don't know if it will be worth to try to "translate" some code to Assembly...

Assembly is hard to write and debug, and even harder to interface with other languages. 4-in-a-line is hardly processor-intensive. It is more wothwhile to optimise fully the Pascal code you already have.

Bieb

Give a man a fish and he'll eat it.  Give a man an assembler, and he'll forget to eat and starve to death.  Or something like that.