MASM32 SDK Description, downloads and other helpful links
MASM32.com New Forum Link
masmforum WebSite

To Vortex

Started by ipadilla, January 10, 2006, 10:03:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ipadilla

Hi Vortex,
Perhaps this is not important at this moment for you, but I would like to know if your scan utility would scan easycode .asm in the future.

I am trying to scan an easycode .asm file, but it dosen´t work. Easycode IDE build with MASM32, but handle .inc and .lib in another way. Is this the cause of failing? Here you are the file in a .zip
Thank you
ipadilla

[attachment deleted by admin]

Vortex

Hi ipadilla,

To create MASM / POASM function prototypes, you need to use the -m5 switch :

scan rsedit.asm -m5 -is -n

-m5 : create function prototypes
-is   : case insensitive search for invoke ( Your source file has a lot of Invoke statements with the leading I uppercase )
-n   : No warning messages

Also, can you tell me from which libraries you will import functions for your source code? Maybe, you have to modify scan.ini to scan some other DLLs.

Have a look at the thread below, it demonstrates the usage of the -m5 switch :

http://www.masmforum.com/simple/index.php?topic=3627.0

Vortex

Hi ipadilla,

Your project uses of a lot rsXXX functions. This is why I turned off the warning messages with the switch -n

ipadilla

Hi Vortex,
I beg you pardon because I hadn´t read your post well before to contact you.

Quote:-----------

"Also, can you tell me from which libraries you will import functions for your source code? Maybe, you have to modify scan.ini to scan some other DLLs."
-----------------------

I have read fhe readme.txt file where you explain how to use it and I understood what you said about .ini file modification if I need.

Perhaps it would be interesting, if you have time, to put on readme.txt file all switches used on your tool.

Thank you for the interesting tools you are sharing with all of us.
ipadilla,

Vortex

Hi ipadilla,

I updated Scan 3.42 with new MASM examples :

http://vortex.masmcode.com/files/Scan342.zip

There are new examples demonstrating the usage of -m2, -m3, -m4 and -m5 swicthes.

Vortex

ipadilla

Hi Vortex,

Quote from: Vortex on January 11, 2006, 11:54:15 AM
There are new examples demonstrating the usage of -m2, -m3, -m4 and -m5 swicthes.

Thank you for these samples and such usefull tool.
ipadilla