VS.Net 2003 Intellisense addin for MASM

Started by sluggy, September 06, 2005, 11:40:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

db

Hi sluggy,

Googling for MASM intellisense/syntax highlighting for Visual Studio I have just found your add-in. But unfortunately it does not work with VS2005 (at least it does not install). You told some time ago that you were porting it to VS2005 - is there any progress since then?

sluggy

Hi db,
yes, i have it working on VS2005 at home, all that is required is to set up a different bunch of registry entries so that VS2005 knows about it.

I will put together a virtual machine in the next couple of days to test it. My only real concern is that while it gives you syntax colouring, i have been totally messing with the syntax checking, so you get a lot of red squigglies on perfectly legitimate code. I have the BNF rules for the syntax, if someone was a pro at translating those to yacc then i would be happy.

As mentioned previously, things change drastically in VS2005 for language plugins, and while i have done a bit of research i still haven't determined whether i can reuse any of the work done so far in a managed package framework plugin, or whether i have to write it from scratch.

db

Quote from: sluggy on August 31, 2006, 08:35:09 PM
Hi db,
yes, i have it working on VS2005 at home, all that is required is to set up a different bunch of registry entries so that VS2005 knows about it.

Which registry entries? Can you provide any details?

Quote from: sluggy
I will put together a virtual machine in the next couple of days to test it. My only real concern is that while it gives you syntax colouring, i have been totally messing with the syntax checking, so you get a lot of red squigglies on perfectly legitimate code. I have the BNF rules for the syntax, if someone was a pro at translating those to yacc then i would be happy.

Well, yacc (or bison) grammar is in fact just a set of BNF rules. Send me that rules and I'll try to make the yacc file.

Quote from: sluggy
As mentioned previously, things change drastically in VS2005 for language plugins, and while i have done a bit of research i still haven't determined whether i can reuse any of the work done so far in a managed package framework plugin, or whether i have to write it from scratch.

It's a pity, I thought you had almost catched the target.