News:

MASM32 SDK Description, downloads and other helpful links
MASM32.com New Forum Link
masmforum WebSite

Greetings

Started by hutch--, December 19, 2004, 10:08:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

raymond

All thumbs up to you Hutch for that tremendous effort in coming back up in such a short time with a new system.

I notice the masmforum website is still available unchanged. Will you supply a link to it from this forum as you had on the old one.

Cheers

Raymond
When you assume something, you risk being wrong half the time
http://www.ray.masmcode.com

Vortex

Hi Hutch,

The forum looks great, many thanks :)

The SharK

Hi Hutch !!!

THANKS for not giving up the messageboard !
I like the new look/style !
It's hard work to set up a forum like this, at least it seems like it.
So many thumbs up for that, and I hope we won't be bothered
with any more hackers on this "new" forum.

Hi hador
Quotenice forum, nice pictures, too bad that all the post are gone

I'm 100% sure, that Hutch has a backup of all our threads and files,
because I made a post about hacking on the old messageboard, and
Hutch told me/us, that he often makes backups of all the stuff on the board!!!

I'm sorry, if I'm wrong here... :(

Actually if so, I'm deeply deeply sorry  :( :( :(

regards,

>>>The SharK<<<

donkey

There is a backup of all threads however it requires alot of server time and of Hutch's time to port the posts to a new format. I am sure that once he becomes more familiar with the process we will see some of the better threads reappear if not all of them. It would be a sad loss if the little lamer had anything more than a neglible effect on our board.

However, if there is substantial data loss, I will consider using my lawyer for a class action suit against him and his ISP, as regardless of his assumption that his script kiddie stuff is legal, his use constitutes fraud and for that we can seek damages. Also since the name masmforum has an assumed copyright, he is in direct violation of the DMCA by using it to send emails. He attempted to hide the source of his email (badly) which is in violation of several US laws. I have already talked to my lawyer about what the alternatives are, but it will be expensive and unless we are substantially damaged I am not willing to foot the bill yet.
"Ahhh, what an awful dream. Ones and zeroes everywhere...[shudder] and I thought I saw a two." -- Bender
"It was just a dream, Bender. There's no such thing as two". -- Fry
-- Futurama

Donkey's Stable

Jibz

Good to see the forum up again, and the new board software looks nice imo.

I hope it won't be too much trouble to convert the old database .. and that we get some better emoticons  ;D.

The SharK

Hi donkey

QuoteI have already talked to my lawyer about what the alternatives are, but it will be expensive and unless we are substantially damaged I am not willing to foot the bill yet.

Well, in that case I'm sure that at least some of us, are willing to
give a donation, to see that bastard gets nailed !!!

regards,

>>>The SharK<<<

donkey

Quote from: The SharK on December 19, 2004, 10:50:31 PM
Hi donkey

QuoteI have already talked to my lawyer about what the alternatives are, but it will be expensive and unless we are substantially damaged I am not willing to foot the bill yet.

Well, in that case I'm sure that at least some of us, are willing to
give a donation, to see that bastard gets nailed !!!

regards,

>>>The SharK<<<

Thanks The Shark,

But I would tend to just do it myself, I have a retainer that I pay my bloodsucker :) every year, but when I say expensive I mean quite expensive but not more than I can afford, as long as I get the pleasure of sticking it to the little scripter. As I am not the holder of the copyrights (except my own posts) it is difficult to pursue that angle however if I wanted to say look up a peice of code that I knew was here and could no longer access it because of his actions I have met the legal definition of damage. Since I am currently working on a commercial application, I have monetary damages as a direct result of the hack. All in all my lawyer says the case is pretty good, but that can be expected as he only profits if I go forward with it. He has looked in here a few times since I talked to him and is taking notes as well as putting all the ducks in a row to get the guys name and address from his ISP under the provisions of the DMCA if I should decide to do this.
"Ahhh, what an awful dream. Ones and zeroes everywhere...[shudder] and I thought I saw a two." -- Bender
"It was just a dream, Bender. There's no such thing as two". -- Fry
-- Futurama

Donkey's Stable

r00

Would be good to seem em nailed donkey if  all that wonderfull information is down the sh*tter , seems the lil pricks site is back up again ;-\

JPlayer

Hey all. I'm back temporarily. I've been busy with school lately. So it appears as if this forum was hacked. That's too bad. Thank you hutch (and anyone else involved) for taking the time to get this forum back and secure. I'm not sure if this is just me but the forum's brightness kind of hurts my eyes; are different themes available? I'm not necessarily complaining about this because I understand all the work you have to do but it is a suggestion. Keep up the good work. Thanks again.

anon

Great work Hutch ! I like the new look. Hopefully, this will be the last time
you have to rebuild the forum. Thanks for all the hard work. I'm sure you
had better things planned to do with your time. We really appreciate it !

Geryon