News:

MASM32 SDK Description, downloads and other helpful links
MASM32.com New Forum Link
masmforum WebSite

Raspberry PI

Started by oex, February 29, 2012, 11:53:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

anunitu

I started both my kids out at about 5-6 on a commodore 64,and both took to it pretty quick. My son works as a programmer,and has never taken a single class or gone to school for it. He learned by doing on the C64 first,and then went on to IBM/intel systems later. He was doing assembler on the C64 with me at about 7,6502 is a little easier in some ways,but back then it was dealing with memory,and finding ways to squeeze more into less...I think perhaps it was because the C64 was mainly a game machine and I didn't push the programming at first,I let him discover what he could do with it,I also had loads of programming books around too,and they had good books for kids beginning about it. So,he just caught the bug,and ran with it.

NPNW

Well,

Not so much completely formal, but enough to get their eyes open. we can start out with some console stuff, and kinda work our way up from there. I still have some books from the late 80's and early 90's that intro basic assembly. With the PI, I am interested in the gcc and assembly programming under Linux environment. Have a book on the ARM processor with assembly programming, college level, but can take some basic stuff and adapt it. 

Will just have to take our time explore and see where they want to go with it.

Force

Kids just like to play game on the computer now .They are not interested in programing    :eek
Never Stop Until You Are Better Than The Best

donkey

Wooo hooo, Got my Raspberry today. Just had time to take it out of the box and I'll be out of town for a week or so before I can start thinking about playing with it.
"Ahhh, what an awful dream. Ones and zeroes everywhere...[shudder] and I thought I saw a two." -- Bender
"It was just a dream, Bender. There's no such thing as two". -- Fry
-- Futurama

Donkey's Stable

Farabi

:U Whoa edgar, Im still waiting it is available on my country, except shiping cost to indonesia is as low as 5 USD.
Those who had universe knowledges can control the world by a micro processor.
http://www.wix.com/farabio/firstpage

"Etos siperi elegi"