MASM32.com New Forum Link
masmforum WebSite

GOP Horror Movie Coming Soon!

Started by Bill Cravener, February 08, 2012, 10:58:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bill Cravener

Them bastards are at it again! :tdown

My MASM32 Examples.

"Prejudice does not arise from low intelligence it arises from conservative ideals to which people of low intelligence are drawn." ~ Isaidthat

hutch--

:bg

And think of it, you could end up with Rick Santorum. Fortunately Obama's numbers keep going up through the Republican selection tussle.
Download site for MASM32      New MASM Forum
https://masm32.com          https://masm32.com/board/index.php

Bill Cravener

:bg

Steve, so far the way it's been going I think President Obama is a sure thing in getting re-elected for a second term. If anyone other then Romney is chosen by the GOP (as nutty as they have become) it may well be a landslide re-election. Those good christians and the GOP would take health care away from the old, food stamps away from the poor, stop a women brutally raped from having an abortion, stop all forms of contraception and shove there religious fanaticism down our throats. To hell with the GOP and their godly followers! :tdown
My MASM32 Examples.

"Prejudice does not arise from low intelligence it arises from conservative ideals to which people of low intelligence are drawn." ~ Isaidthat

donkey

Well, the GOP typifies politics at its worse for me. They talk about christian values and the policies they adopt are about the furthest from that philosophy as you could imagine. They talk about fiscal responsibility and then start trillion dollar wars while lowering taxes. They talk about family values then don't want to talk about their transgressions. They talk about no government intruding on your life then adopt a fanatical anti marijuana stand. They are the most hypocritical bunch I have ever seen, and to tell you the truth I'm so happy they're around otherwise there would be nothing for Jon Stewart to talk about.
"Ahhh, what an awful dream. Ones and zeroes everywhere...[shudder] and I thought I saw a two." -- Bender
"It was just a dream, Bender. There's no such thing as two". -- Fry
-- Futurama

Donkey's Stable

rags

Bill I'm sorry, but Obama's trampling of the first amendment is disgraceful by ordering the Dept. of Health and Human services to force religious base organizations to offer birth control,
sterilization, and abortion coverage in their employees health care. , even if its against their religious beliefs.
God made Man, but the monkey applied the glue -DEVO

hutch--

What disappoints me is the Republicans used to be patriotic Americans once and IKE was a truly great US President. A military hero, brought the US through the cold war without starting a nuclear war and as his parting shot, coined the phrase "military industrial complex" complete with warnings about what its effects would be. They have all been duds since, Trick-E-Dicky, Gerald (who) Ford, Ronny RayGun, Daddy Bush and George W. Dimwit. Its sad to see the fall of what was once a great political force in the US where patriotism has been replaced by a foreign controlled corporate sector that is only interested in finally raping the US economy into oblivion.

Its not China or Arab terrorists or the EU or pengiuns from the arctic that are PHUKING America, its these greedy bastards ripping the guts out of the US with overspending on unwinnable wars, tax cuts for the rich while shafting ordinary Americans to pay for it and a pile of gutless politicians in their foreign corporate pockets doing their bidding. The US cannot be defeated from without, its real enemies are those within who see the US as expendable to their foreign controlled financial interests.

Obama has done well in reconstructing the world credibility of the US again after the Bush regime made the US into a pariah state but the economic damage done under Bush has still to be repaired, particularly the final rape and pillage of the economy in 2007 on their way out. The great risk at the moment is the US may be dragged into another war by Israel attacking Iran and while sensible voices like Robert Gates still oppose such a foolish adventure, loonie tune right wingers don't care if they bring the US back on its knees again as long as they can inflict their agenda at the expense of US tax payers.

rags

Quote from: hutch-- on February 08, 2012, 11:44:07 PM
tax cuts for the rich while shafting ordinary Americans to pay for it
Hutch, with you not being a US citizen, you might not be aware that nearly half (47 %) of the US taxpaying population pays NO FEDERAL INCOME
taxes at all.So no, not totally true.
Quote from: hutch-- on February 08, 2012, 11:44:07 PM
particularly the final rape and pillage of the economy in 2007 on their way out.
Again, in that year BOTH houses of Congress were controlled by the Democrats, and Congress controls the purse strings.

God made Man, but the monkey applied the glue -DEVO

hutch--

Mike,

I remember Bush's threat of martial law if the bailout of Wall Street was not passed. The mess that created the financial problems occurred through the 8 years of the Bush regime, the following Democrat control of the two houses cannot be blamed for the disasters that Bush inflicted on ordinary Americans. Affectively Obama was passed the poison chalice after 8 years of catastrophic mismanagement by the Bush regime.

RE the paying of tax, you guys have a VAT that everyone pays so you are all taxed, not just the rich. Then you have those folks in the middle who are the main target of the shift in tax burden. When you apply tax cuts for the rich, guess who pays the main tax burden ? If its not the poor its the middle class, the ones who are being screwed the hardest. The Republicans are fighting desperately hard to keep all of the tax lurks for the rich while cutting health and support for the poorer end of people and that money goes overseas to foreign owned corporations, not to build up the US.

At least the Democrats have produced an exit strategy for the two wars that Bush started and started to reduce the level of waste in the military by cutting out a lot of the stuff that was just sucking money out of the US taxpayers pocket.

donkey

Well, first off, as for religions being forced to offer the same benefits to their employees as everyone else, well I may not agree with the services but you know what screw the religious fanatics, if it is to be considered part of the normal coverage then whether they like it or not they have to cover it. If their employees don't want to use the services then they don't have to. I can't see this as a first amendment issue at all, its a matter of everyone gets the same coverage regardless of faith, each person has the right to not make use of the coverage based on their faith. But then again, I don't believe that any corporation, whether it is a bank, car manufacturer, oil company or church has any claim to free speech or to any first amendment rights, they may be persons with regards to the enforceability of a contract but until the state of Texas can put one of them to death they are not persons and do not gain the rights afforded to a natural born person.

2007, was the year of idiots. The government should have let the wall street types fail along with their banking system, it would have come out stronger for it. But from the standpoint of the common man that could not be allowed to happen so what was done had to be done I guess. But lets be clear, it was a lack of legislative oversight that caused that crisis. Those countries with what prior to the crisis were thought to have draconian credit availability policies came out virtually unscathed, the looser a countries regulatory hold on the traders the harder the fall was. Luckily Canada was considered to have the most onerous banking laws and for that reason we waltzed through the crisis easily enough, even our bankers agree that it was the regulatory framework that saved them from the worst of the crisis. As for who's responsible, well that can be shared by both Democrats and Republicans, the Democrats policy of preferred lending to groups it considered under-represented in the housing market and the Republicans stripping of any legislative oversight are what created the conditions where the cancer flourished. It was nothing but bad timing that forced Obama to dump the money into rescuing the economy rather than killing people like his predecessor, he just happened to take the reigns at the exact moment the whole deck of cards was falling down. I firmly believe that any candidate short of Ron Paul would have done essentially the same thing regardless of what they might say now or their revisionist history of support.

As for taxes, a good case can be made for both sides being unfairly represented in the tax system. The fact is however that taxes have to go up, the government spends more on just basic services than it takes in, that is if it wants to keep military and health spending at current levels. The Democrats call for more social responsibility all the while knowing that they cannot get the tax increases necessary to pay for them while the Republicans throw fuel on a burning house with ludicrous tax cuts. Its sort of like asking for a pay cut because you can't afford your mortgage payments, George Bush Sr. called it voodoo economics and that pretty much sums it up.

It's amazing to me that the level of vitriol and malice has risen to such an extent in the US that they would rather see their nation fall further into decay than realize that perhaps both sides might have something useful to offer the process and that certain policies of both might be partially responsible for that decay. Still waiting for the unification candidate...
"Ahhh, what an awful dream. Ones and zeroes everywhere...[shudder] and I thought I saw a two." -- Bender
-- Futurama

Donkey's Stable

Bill Cravener

Slightly off topic, don't know if you folks overseas have seen the Chrysler super bowl half-time video that the Republicans are making a big stink about over here. Why is the Right making such a big deal of this uplifting Chrysler Ad is beyond me? Since when did being pro-Detroit and pro-Auto Industry become un-American in the United States? The Republican Party just can't stand the fact that under the Obama administration things are looking up and unemployment is going down. The reality is the auto industry is a very important part of our economic stability. It is a great thing to see the rebirth in recent years of our auto industry after its near collapse in 2009. I just can not imagine America without our GM, Chrysler and Ford motor companies. The commercial was simply as Clint Eastwood stated "a message about job growth and the spirit of America". We here in the US have been in the dumps for over ten years now and things are beginning to look positive. The GOP crowd in my opinion are un-American aholes who can not accept the fact we have a black man living in the oval office who is acturally doing some good for the country.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_PE5V4Uzobc

My MASM32 Examples.

hutch--

I like it, its a great Ad, glad the loonies hated it, tells you where they are at.

anunitu

I agree about IKE,he was a great Pres. and not your Republican of today. It seems the current crop of Republicans are a bit trapped in the past,and would love to return to times when the American worker was controlled by their employers. It used to be the case,if you did not follow the political dogma of your boss,he could fire you for being disloyal. He also could mess with you if he disliked your choice of spouse. If he didn't like her,he could threaten you with firing also.

In the matter of religion besides, there being the right to believe as you like,that being protected,it is implied that you are also protected FROM religion trying to gain control in politics. I believe if a Church gets too political,the exclusion from taxes can be resinded,as they over step from being a religion to being more like a political power.

Bill Cravener

I think part of the republican dislike of the Chrysler ad is that Clint Eastwood is a registered republican and voted for McCain last election. Clint's one of my movie heroes and one of the very few still alive at the ripe old age of 81. I love his many movies such as A Fistful of Dollars, For a Few Dollars More, The Good the Bad and the Ugly, Dirty Harry, Magnum Force, The Enforcer, Sudden Impact, The Dead Pool and others I still watch over and over again. In my book he'll be greatly missed when he's gone.

I've used his line "Get off my lawn" from his Gran Torino movie (using the same facial expression but without the gun) several times on the local young ruffians here where I live and it works. :bg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z7X2_V60YK8

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clint_Eastwood

My MASM32 Examples.

donkey

Quote from: anunitu on February 09, 2012, 03:17:38 PM
I agree about IKE,he was a great Pres. and not your Republican of today.

The second last unification candidate (IMO Clinton was the last). A great president who warned about building an out of control military industrial complex, everything he said would happen if it was allowed to grow unchecked has come to pass. The problem with the Republicans of today is they are blinded by the neo-con message and can't see its 30 years of failure, just as the Democrats are blinded by out of control Great Society policies and seem incapable of limiting their vision to what's practical. In both cases they try to institute unworkable policies in order to squeeze a few more votes out to hold on to power or the money it takes to buy that power. Democracy is broken and it takes someone with balls to fix it, none of the current candidates on either side have the will to do whats right rather than whats politically expedient.
-- Futurama

Donkey's Stable

jj2007

Quote from: donkey on February 09, 2012, 07:30:31 PMThe problem with the Republicans of today is they are blinded by the neo-con message

Edgar,

You should distinguish between Republican leaders and Republican sheep voters. The former don't need a neo-con message to get richer and richer - simple greed is sufficient. The latter, well, are firmly and erroneously convinced that the GOP is fighting for them (NYT, The Triumph Of Hope Over Self-Interest):

"The most telling polling result from the 2000 election was from a Time magazine survey that asked people if they are in the top 1 percent of earners. Nineteen percent of Americans say they are in the richest 1 percent and a further 20 percent expect to be someday. So right away you have 39 percent of Americans who thought that when Mr. Gore savaged a plan that favored the top 1 percent, he was taking a direct shot at them."