News:

MASM32 SDK Description, downloads and other helpful links
MASM32.com New Forum Link
masmforum WebSite

SkyNet: ONLINE.

Started by anunitu, January 26, 2012, 04:03:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

anunitu

I was wondering when it would come to this...

"The Navy is testing an autonomous plane that will land on an aircraft carrier. The prospect of heavily armed aircraft screaming through the skies without direct human control is unnerving to many."

http://www.latimes.com/business/la-fi-auto-drone-20120126,0,740306.story

:dazzled: ::) :(

dedndave

they've had heavily armed drones for some time, now

anunitu

Dave,those were controlled by people...Would you trust a computer to decide who to hit?..Perhaps if you yourself had programmed them.

dedndave

my point is - there is nothing new here
the aircraft does not make life-and-death decisions - although, they could do that if they wanted to
what does bother me is the 600+ million that they spent on something we don't need

baltoro

There are sure to be civilian applications of this technology,...and, I think this could be the next BIG THING,...
Some tech company will undoubtedly market a multi-faceted, multi-tasking stealth autopilot military drone/smartphone/neuralizer/margarita blender,...
...that everybody in the Western Hemisphere will NEED,...absolutely,...just to stay cool and relevant,...
I have a neighbor with an EXTREMELY ANNOYING dog that barks all night long for no apparent reason,...
If I could program a drone to fly over the neighbor's yard, determine with infrared sensors where the damn dog is,...drop a load of napalm on him with deadly accuracy,...
...And, then, return home,...crank out a couple gallons of margaritas,...call the fire department to report an arson,...and, then, neuralize the entire neighborhood when then authorities arrive,...
Well,...that would redefine the term 'Pursuit of Happiness' for me,... :eek
Baltoro

anunitu

You really can't make this stuff up.

http://www.businessinsider.com/lapd-to-realtors-please-stop-flying-drones-over-california-2012-1

"LAPD To Realtors: Please Stop Flying Drones Over California"

dedndave

i bet they aren't all realtors
some are probably paparazzi idiots
the tabloids will pay more-than-it's-worth for photos of stars - especially nakee by the pool - lol

Farabi

I wonder if USA become enemies of all world and then they activating the autonomous fighters, it could be a great defense. But what if fertility on USA is dropped to zero and then they are extinct like another race? That robots will become enemy for the whole world is not it?
Those who had universe knowledges can control the world by a micro processor.
http://www.wix.com/farabio/firstpage

"Etos siperi elegi"

vanjast

A couple of EMPs will put those out of business very quickly.. and then they'll be fooked if they forgot to train manned aircraft.

The US made the same mistake in Vietnam where they took the guns off aircraft and armed it with only missiles. Their reasoning - The air war is moving away from 'close in' dogfights. Well.. the missiles didn't work as planned and the Russian migs were fighting 'close in'  :naughty:

It funny how one generation conveniently forgets the lessons of the previous.... I'm surprised the human being has survived so long because we're really that stupid  :green2

vanjast

Quote from: dedndave on January 26, 2012, 05:40:18 PM
what does bother me is the 600+ million that they spent on something we don't need
This is where the US will come short... by not looking after it own people the US will 'collapse' from within.... again :wink
and I think the sooner the better and those goons you got running the show, should be imprisoned asap.
:bg

oex

I wonder.... Should we worry about SkyNet OFFLINE!.... Consider the power vacuum.... World War III would start if the high tech weapons failed....

Over reliance on any system is unwise....
We are all of us insane, just to varying degrees and intelligently balanced through networking

http://www.hereford.tv

anunitu

It is always in the details...if we rely to much on the auto systems and they break,and we have no access to the human controlled  systems,and man power,we could find ourselves in a very bad spot. This is one reason I don't count on electronics for everything.I am still very old school. I am thinking about people that loose their ability to find their way around and use GPS to get places,and if the GPS goes out are lost.

vanjast

Ditto!!... in beeeeg capital letters
:bg