News:

MASM32 SDK Description, downloads and other helpful links
MASM32.com New Forum Link
masmforum WebSite

Politics and Reality

Started by baltoro, January 10, 2012, 08:27:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

baltoro

I've noticed in the past several years especially, that American politicians are completely full of bullshit.
I'm sick of hearing it all the time.
There should be severe financial penalties for declarations of egregious public disinformation.
But, really,...the big problem is a lack of integrity and intelligence.
We should institute a draft for Republican and Democratic candidates,...it would be SO MUCH COOLER,...
,...ALMOST AS COOL AS CANADA !!!
I feel strongly that we should outlaw lobbyists. And, annual deficits,...
...Also, we should outlaw filibusters,...and, other dysfunctional legislative procedures (like riders).
:eek ...And,...maybe even WAR. :eek
YES !!!  WE SHOULD DEFINITELY OUTLAW WAR !!! :eek
Baltoro

dedndave

i agree about what i call "lobbyism" - one of my pet peeves
it would be a good idea to get back on the gold standard, too

another law i think we might consider changing...
presidential candidates must be natural born US citizens
we should flip it so that any natural born US citizen is NOT eligible - lol
the same rule should also apply for congressmen
it's the only way i can ever see us getting rid of the shit-heads we now have

vanjast

I think it's more about you/me/us getting older and wiser, and realising that politics/religion/etc are nothing more than BS..ing money spinners that appeal to the dumb youth and older money grubbing types. If you really want to phuck a politician... bring down the TV networks during election time
:bg

Bill Cravener

Quote from: baltoro on January 10, 2012, 08:27:20 PM
I've noticed in the past several years especially, that American politicians are completely full of bullshit.

I have to ask baltoro how old are you? I'll soon turn 61 and I remember many past scandals and corruptions (bullshit) by politicians such as the Iran Contra, Tricky Dicky's Watergate, the Whitewater scandal, Filegate, Vincent Foster, Travelgate, House banking scandal, Caspar Weinberge, James G. Watt, Wedtech scandal, Savings and loan scandal, Fawn Hall, Inslaw Affair, Sewergate, David Durenberge, Keating Five, Debategate, Koreagate scandal, Pentagon Papers, McCarthyism and that's just to name a few in my lifetime. So when you think about it nothing has changed, politics has always been corrupted, it's the nature of the beast.
My MASM32 Examples.

"Prejudice does not arise from low intelligence it arises from conservative ideals to which people of low intelligence are drawn." ~ Isaidthat

carlos

I remember reading a story abut a kingdom where a man was CHOSEN to be king, he ruled for seven years, and the he was *killed*, I wonder if this could be the answer to the politician overabundance?

Or to send to war ONLY politicians, especially wars they start!!!!

Or, held them responsible for the outcome of their actions while in office

This message was made with 100% recycled bytes; No bits where harmed in the making of this message

donkey

I think the problem is the growing polarization, each party is catering to the extremes of its voter base and assuming (correctly most of the time) that the center will be drawn in. Its not the first time this has happened in US history, the Jefferson/Adams era show even more polarization than exists today and the US rose above it as I believe they will rise above the current situation. The major problem with the current situation is the animosity and vitriol that each side has for the other and their willingness to put their party dogma ahead of the interests of the country. Congress is paralyzed by party faithful stopping anyone from the other party accomplishing anything at all, even if (especially if ?) it is in the best interest of the country. The current crop of politicians in the US will do whatever it takes, up to and including damaging the republic, to gain and keep power in order to advance their radical, twisted vision of what America should be. The thing that none of them seem to realize is that America is strongest when it has a measure of all of those views and tempers it with compassion and strength of purpose. I firmly believe that it will be that way again some day, I just hope that the damage that is being done this time can be undone as it was in Adam's time, the US is a great experiment and though I must say I think the system of government is weird and unworkable (coming as I do from a constitutional monarchy) it has always managed to surprise me.

Just sitting here waiting for the unification candidate.
"Ahhh, what an awful dream. Ones and zeroes everywhere...[shudder] and I thought I saw a two." -- Bender
"It was just a dream, Bender. There's no such thing as two". -- Fry
-- Futurama

Donkey's Stable

anunitu

One problem is that "Most" Alternative options turn out to be Controlled by some Corporate puppet,that claims to be from the "People"
The way it is now,unless you dig DEEP into some Alternative movement's actual backers,you never really know who is pulling the strings.

baltoro

BILL,   
YEAH !!! I completely agree with you. US politics has always been funky,...but, lately, it's been TOTALLY FUNKY ALL THE TIME.

...And, EDGAR,...
Completely agree here also,...unfortunately,...if I was actually a voter, you'd be,...like,...my first DRAFT choice.
:eek But, I realized that it's kinda like jury duty,...what is it they say about being too stupid to be able to get out of jury duty ??? :eek

...And,...DAVE !!!   
As always you are so sensible that it's actually frightening. They ought to make the town that you reside in a sovereign nation,...
:eek And, give you the capability to disable the commercial electrical power network of the entire continental United States at will, if anyone is bad,... :eek
Baltoro

anunitu

This it seems hit the nail on the head.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/01/11/bill-moyers-stephen-colbert-corporations_n_1199503.html?ref=media

Quote from Bill Moyers

"As a friend of mine from texas says, he will believe corporations are people when Texas executes one," Moyers said.

baltoro

Here's an idea,...it's a little whacked,...but, it could be a LOT OF FUN.
Pass a Constitutional Amendment that makes all adult American citizens (yes,...even convicted felons...) employees of the NSA. SPIES !!! EVERYONE !!!
...Either policy analysts or covert operatives,...
Think of it,...you could requisition anything you needed for your kid's graduation celebration, or, your INSANE POOL PARTY,...from the Pentagon,...whenever you wanted,...
...And, if you ever got arrested,...the Government couldn't even consider putting you on trial because Top Secret Stuff would be revealed to the World, causing the complete collapse of US Intelligence and Military capabilities...
WE'D ALL BE LIKE GODS !!!
...And, we'd never have to vote for a bunch of lying, media-addicted, mega-maniacal imbeciles again,...
Baltoro

dedndave

Quote from: baltoro on January 11, 2012, 08:46:01 PM
Pass a Constitutional Amendment that makes all adult American citizens
(yes,...even convicted felons...) employees of the NSA. SPIES !!! EVERYONE !!!

that would certainly take care of the health-care issue   :P

hutch--

:bg

> I've noticed in the past several years especially, that American politicians are completely full of bullshit.

What ever made you think the the US had the market cornered here. Our politicians are fulla sh*t too. As a variant of "how do you know when a politician is lying", the comment "Their mouth is moving" works just as well is describing the uttering of bullsh*t by a politician.  :P
Download site for MASM32      New MASM Forum
https://masm32.com          https://masm32.com/board/index.php

baltoro

YEAH !!!
It's a GLOBAL PROBLEM !!!

We should do something about it,... :eek
...But, all my best ideas (including the ones that I've stolen from Dave) are illegal.
And, according to the Forum Rules, I can't freely talk about it,...

But,...I'm angry !!!
Baltoro

donkey

Quote from: donkey on January 11, 2012, 07:20:47 AMJust sitting here waiting for the unification candidate.

He announced tonight

"Ahhh, what an awful dream. Ones and zeroes everywhere...[shudder] and I thought I saw a two." -- Bender
"It was just a dream, Bender. There's no such thing as two". -- Fry
-- Futurama

Donkey's Stable

dedndave

he looks like he could be an actor in a lawyer TV series
...perfect - lol