News:

MASM32 SDK Description, downloads and other helpful links
MASM32.com New Forum Link
masmforum WebSite

America Israel and Iran.

Started by Bill Cravener, January 02, 2012, 04:41:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bill Cravener

I felt this subject needed its own thread.

The US will have another war if it elects any of the leading Republican contenders including Mitt Romney, Santorum, Perry, Bachmann or Newt Gingrich. They have all stated their readiness to join Israel in a war against Iran. Romney has farmed out his foreign policy agenda to prominent neoconservatives and Gingrich has gone so far as to suggest a full scale US Israeli invasion of Iran to force regime change. So far the main obstacles to a new war appear to be President Obama, Defense Secretary Leon Panetta and the Democrats. Obama and Panetta both are said to have privately oppose a war with Iran which is certainly not true of how Bush, Defense Secretary Rumsfeld and the Republicans felt about Iraq. So if the US is stupid enough to elect another warmongering Republican President regardless of how much we citizens are against it the Republican powers that be will force a new war upon us. The drums are already beating and getting louder by the day. Americans are a gullible breed easily controlled by our corporate media and along with the Republican propaganda machine they will flood us with lies until we are brainwashed into a war of total madness. Believe it!

Must Read: Will the U.S. go to war with Iran?

Who is the American-Iranian Council

Honorary Board Members

My MASM32 Examples.

"Prejudice does not arise from low intelligence it arises from conservative ideals to which people of low intelligence are drawn." ~ Isaidthat

dedndave

we really can't afford another war - hate to say it, but that's how it is
on the other hand...
preventing Iran from becoming a nuclear power is better justified than removing sadaam was
i would prefer we hit a few selected targets to take the wind out of their sails rather than all-out war

Bill Cravener

You know Dave we pump billions into Pakistan they having many nukes. Its Pakistan one should be worrying about not Iran. If terrorist were to obtain a nuke or the stuff needed to make a dirty bomb it would come from Pakistan not Iran. Even if Iran were to build a nuke they would never dare use it because Russia and China would halt them in their tracks. America declaring war with Iran would be the same as declaring war against Russia and China. All the bullshit we Americans are hearing is nothing more then Israel wanting to bomb the hell out of Iran with our support. Its madness and nothing more then bullshit coming from the hawks. We as Americans need to get the facts straight and quit listening to the propaganda continually fed to us.
My MASM32 Examples.

"Prejudice does not arise from low intelligence it arises from conservative ideals to which people of low intelligence are drawn." ~ Isaidthat

dedndave

yah - pakistan is scary - that's for sure - so is india
i think if they were to get materials though, it would be from russia or perhaps north korea

hutch--

There is a factor that sticks in my head with Iran, they have not invaded anyone for the last couple of hundred years so much of the accusations are simply bullsh*t. I have nothing going for the crazy Ayotollahs but the best way to make Iran stronger and eventually a nuclear threat is to threaten to bomb them with nuclear weapons as the Bush regime did. Before the foolish invasion of Iraq under Bush, Iran was one of the powers in the area, with the demise of Saddam the combined invaders have put Iran in the position of power they are now in.

It is clear that Israel is not militarily powerful enough to invade Iran and it is equally clear that the loonie tune end of Israeli politics want the US to again bear the cost in terms of both money and lives to do their dirty work yet hard cold reality rears its ugly head here. The US is already in dire straights over funding two wars in Iraq and Afghanistan and the financial and human cost to ordinary Americans would cause massive problems in the US.

Sanctions don't have a great history of success, they failed against Franco in Spain after the Spanish civil war, they failed against South Africa who at the time developed some very interesting military hardware as a consequence of sanctions. Sanctions are an act of war, generally against a 3rd world country that has resources. Even the recent demise of poor old Gaddafi has ended up as a fiasco, human rights abuse is rampant and Al Queda is now recruiting in the battered remains of Libya.

It needs to be understood that the enemies of the US ARE waging war against the US and it is generally through the technique of forcing the US to spend vast sums of money on security. The right wing loonies in the US are simply playing into the hands of terrorist organisations by winding up hostility towards the US. At a time when the US desperately needs to consolidate its economy, reduce its debt level and reduce its dependence on Chinese money and imports, funding a war to attack Iran runs the risk of doing terminal damage to the US economy.

I commend people like Robert Gates for keeping the US out of the war against Libya for the very sensible reason of the sheer cost in both money terms and animosity from countries that the US wishes to stay on side with. I gather that Obama is no fan of starting a war, especially as his policy eventually got Americans out of Iraq, lets hope he succeeds in wiping the GOP out at the next presidential election.
Download site for MASM32      New MASM Forum
https://masm32.com          https://masm32.com/board/index.php

vanjast

I'd second hutch on this view and offer a leetle further insight.

If the USA (and it's cronies) just leave the middle east alone (yup - dump israel amongst that lot).. they'll either sort themselves out, or just destroy themselves without any help what-so-ever. Either way it's benificial to the USA (and the rest), leaving them to recover from their recent fookups.

:U

Bill Cravener

vanjast,

That will never happen, there are nearly 7 million Jews living in America. I believe that is more then live in Israel itself. Their influence is great and many hold power and positions in America's phuked up government. This countries only hope is to kill our two party system starting with the GOP, stop all lobbying by big money and remove personhood rights from the corporations just for a start. But hell that's never going to happen, not in my life time.
My MASM32 Examples.