News:

MASM32 SDK Description, downloads and other helpful links
MASM32.com New Forum Link
masmforum WebSite

America is losing its mind!

Started by Bill Cravener, August 11, 2011, 05:04:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bill Cravener

It is looking more and more like Rick Perry is going to be the GOP front runner. Recent polls show even though he's not announcing his presidential run until this Saturday the polls show him neck and neck already with Mitt Romney. If he gets elected we are in even deeper shit then we are now. But wait, we will be saved, because Rick Perry's christian god will save us all. Hallelujah, hallelujah!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NGUuFbJ_Hqk

My MASM32 Examples.

"Prejudice does not arise from low intelligence it arises from conservative ideals to which people of low intelligence are drawn." ~ Isaidthat

anunitu

Yeh Bill Saved,but don't hold your breath for 2000 years waiting.

Bill Cravener

The GOP's growing insistence that christianity be part of politics scares me big time! :tdown
My MASM32 Examples.

"Prejudice does not arise from low intelligence it arises from conservative ideals to which people of low intelligence are drawn." ~ Isaidthat

hutch--

Bill,

Look at it on the bright side, get a Tea Party flavoured Republican administration and you won't have to worry about the crazy Ayotollahs, Al Queda and the like, you will have your own home groan religious loonies instead.  :P

RE: The republican candidates, Romney is a "has been", Sarah Dumbcluck would lose to the moose and Michelle Bachmann is so irksome that I doubt ordinary Americans would warm to her at all. I think the more traditional Republicans have a better chance of producing a popular candidate with wider appeal so you had better hope that the Tea Party win out here to ensure they fail at the next Presidential election.
Download site for MASM32      New MASM Forum
https://masm32.com          https://masm32.com/board/index.php

dedndave

there aren't many likable republicans - lol
Orrin Hatch is a little right-wing, but he has done a few things i can appreciate
at least he's not a huge bible-thumper

MichaelW

Voters gauging candidates on the basis of how likeable they are is one of the problems. We don't need likeable - we need competent and ethical.

And by competent I don't mean competent liars :lol
eschew obfuscation

Bill Cravener

I just can't imagine a bible-thumper as president but as nutty as politics has become here in the states I fear it could happen. I've known more then my share of self proclaimed christians in my 60 years on this planet. They think nothing of showing their bigotry, their greediness, their outright hypocrisy. If they truly do believe in a heaven or a hell I'd say most are headed down not up. :bg
My MASM32 Examples.

dedndave

Michael
what i meant by "likable" is someone i wouldn't mind in the white-house
let's face it, they're politicians - noone likes them

there is a tendancy by the parties to look for someone young
personally, i prefer someone a little older, who has some wisdom and some experience

Bill Cravener

"A little-known movement of radical Christians and self-proclaimed prophets wants to infiltrate government, and Rick Perry might be their man."

"On September 28, 2009, at 1:40 p.m., God's messengers visited Rick Perry. On this day, the Lord's messengers arrived in the form of two Texas pastors, Tom Schlueter of Arlington and Bob Long of San Marcos, who called on Perry in the governor's office inside the state Capitol. Schlueter and Long both oversee small congregations, but they are more than just pastors. They consider themselves modern-day apostles and prophets, blessed with the same gifts as Old Testament prophets or New Testament apostles."

Rick Perry's Army of god (I kid you not!).
http://www.texasobserver.org/cover-story/rick-perrys-army-of-god
My MASM32 Examples.

Astro

Quote from: Bill Cravener on August 11, 2011, 05:15:36 PM
The GOP's growing insistence that christianity be part of politics scares me big time! :tdown
Religion gets too involved in the UK too. They have screwed up some seriously needed reforms such as abortion and euthanasia. People may not like the subject, but a legal, monitored means is required.

One reform we need is to kick the church out of politics totally. They are parasites IMHO. The other day the leader of the Church of England was saying they should "cease the opportunity" in the face of the riots. Religion is like communism - it waits for a disaster to install itself, then it takes over and rules the place.

People can believe what they like, but getting involved in the state is a step too far.

anunitu

I am with you on this Bill, worried abour Sharia law?,worry more about our own brand of this type of thing. it would be no different because a lot of Christians believe women should be subservient like islam among other things. First thing you know they would be burning non belivers. Not just non christians,but anyone that questions it(Old school burned for heresy)

What has happened before can happen again. Crazy is as crazy does.. :naughty:

Astro

Quote from: anunitu on August 12, 2011, 04:25:23 PMWhat has happened before can happen again. Crazy is as crazy does.. :naughty:
Exactly!

Just because we consider ourselves "civilized" now, doesn't mean it can't change in the future.