News:

MASM32 SDK Description, downloads and other helpful links
MASM32.com New Forum Link
masmforum WebSite

Another WOW in my life..

Started by vanjast, March 09, 2011, 09:54:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vanjast

As you know I've been 'gloating' about my eldest achievements.. etc.. often overshadowing his younger brother, 5yrs his jnr.
Well today I received another blow..

For the past year, the wiff and I have been trying to get the younger boy 'right'. This guy epitomises the word 'Stubborn'
Grade 5, he was the 'bee's knees', brilliant scholar, nothing less than 90%
Grade 6, he missed 4 days of detention, nothing less than 90% (no studying - freaked me out)
Grade 7, After much pressure and discipline from Mom and I, He's missed 2 days of detention.... %#@%^^%$@^

We're now applying for high school scholarships, and although his marks in 2010 started OK (>90) he slipped towards the end of the year.
The high school's require Principal's testimonials for scholarships.........!!!

Oh phuck!!! here comes the detention history.. we are quiet simply PPpphuckeddd as this is a BIG BLOT... I'm cringing in fear.
So anyway I ask the school for a testimonial and give them the list of schools we're applying for .. and off I go to work.

The phone rings, and it's the headmaster.. I know his voice from anywhere  :eek
HM: 'You cannot see the testimonial, it's not our policy as this produces problems with the parents as some students are not as good as others, but we have sent A's testimonial to the schools you've indicated'
Me: ???? :dazzled: :eek in a calm voice ' I understand.. that is not a problem'
HM: 'But you don't have to worry, 'A' is in a league of his own, we've never had a student like him, his testimonial is nothing short of ... 'excellent'..'
Me: as I was dancing about the floor, punching the sky in front of my colleagues, I calmly replied 'Thank you HM, this is greatly appreciated'

And as i switched off the phone it was 'F.k, F.k, F.k, Yes Yes Yes!!!'..as 4 or so pages of great testimonial hit the digital waves into the ether..
'Good news' a friend says..
'Ja, not so bad, just better'  :green2

There is a god.. well sort of  :boohoo:

baltoro

vanjast,
I've read a number of your posts about the agony that you are experiencing as a father of several probable-genuises.  :bg
And, I can't help but try to imagine what your kids would be like if they grew up here in California,...and, had NORMAL parents.
:eek They'd have dreams of growing up to be celebrity psychopaths, game show hosts, or, worse,...registered sex offenders.  :eek

Baltoro

vanjast

Quote from: baltoro on March 09, 2011, 11:27:22 PM
vanjast,
I've read a number of your posts about the agony that you are experiencing as a father of several probable-genuises.  :bg
...as I brush the dust off my broad shoulders  :bg

Quote from: baltoro on March 09, 2011, 11:27:22 PM
And, I can't help but try to imagine what your kids would be like if they grew up here in California,...and, had NORMAL parents.
:eek They'd have dreams of growing up to be celebrity psychopaths, game show hosts, or, worse,...registered sex offenders.  :eek
NORMAL parents.. What!!! never mention that in my company... :bg
Of course we're normal.... everytime my wiff walks by I pinch her bum, or give it a good grab, or grope.
The kids seem to smile and accept this as 'normal'.. which it is of course... But hells, Mum is a hot Milf..grrrr
I'm distracted.. back to the kids..

A, according to the 'outlaws' is the most 'unassuming dark horse', and as I said to them 'I've known this for years, it's just a matter of the right time'

Anyway .. I'm pissitively possed, and it's sleep time
:thumbu :U

hutch--

:bg

Van,

You will just have to be careful that he does not grow up as a chip off the old block, pinch most gals on the behind these days and you will get punched in the head just before the Sex Discrimination Case starts up.

We have just had a case here in OZ where this lady tried to sue a retail chain David Jones for 38 million dollars AU. The case failed because they had enough money to fight it but the basic logic was that no-one's arse is worth that type of money. She settled out of court for about 800 grand.
Download site for MASM32      New MASM Forum
https://masm32.com          https://masm32.com/board/index.php

vanjast

That's the good thing about being married.. you can pinch as much toosh (your wife's.. that is) as you want, and both feel good about it  :U
Well maybe, until she just gets the hell in and just freaks out...

Although I agree that harassment laws are necessary, sometimes it's taken to far and it really takes the fun out of the 'sport', for those who like the 'chase'.
:green2

baltoro

:bg Fun is important (and, highly under-rated, in my opinion).

Quote from: VANJAST...NORMAL parents.. What!!! never mention that in my company... :bg
What I meant by 'NORMAL',...is normal by Californian standards,...which means you can't wait until your kids turn 18, and you can legally throw them out of the house.
Baltoro

vanjast

First scholarship rejection... Arrghhh

This is a school 'bent on sport', A is not so 'sporting', so not a problem.. just their loss in variety
5 more schools to go..  thumbs

baltoro

Somehow, I think these threads would be alot funnier if you had two girls instead of two boys,...
Of course,...the mental trauma would be severely debilitating,... :bg
Baltoro

Farabi

Hey, van, dont be too hard on your kids. They deserve to have a fun live, and it is your obligation to make them happy.
Those who had universe knowledges can control the world by a micro processor.
http://www.wix.com/farabio/firstpage

"Etos siperi elegi"

shuttlebug

Just tell your Head Master your all moslem. You'll get what ever you want.

vanjast

UPDATE..
Scholarship acceptance into the same school (the one we were 'aiming' for) as his elder brother.
He was accepted into a few schools but this is the one we want.

YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
:U :U :U

You've never seen two parents hop-skip-and-jump before ??

dedndave

sinsi

Good on you, 'A'  :U
Never lose faith, vanjast
Light travels faster than sound, that's why some people seem bright until you hear them.

vanjast

Thanks.. Dudes  :bg
This is a beeeeg relief... and now for the months of May/June - Uni's/Sports scholarships for the elder boy... boy! here we go again...:lol

vanjast

Just to confirm...
A is going to http://www.parklands.co.za/
J is finishing Parklands and confirmed for http://www.cylc.org/gylc/

I never considered what it is/was like to be a parent/father.. It never really entered my mind-thought.. there were waves to be surfed.
When the wife and I 'planned' our kids, we went all out in many aspects of preparation (health, financial, ..etc) but nothing prepares you for the years of endeavour.

After all the years of being a 'helicopter parent', the worries, the 'wrong friends', the school work.. the incredible sibling caring friendship, we realise that at this stage when our youngest boy steps into our eldest's shoes, and as our eldest boy steps into the UN (so to speak)

The boys are leaving home.... I actually heard the name 'Dad', for the first time for as long as I can remember..
I thought.. I'm a Dad, of course I'm a Dad... but I've never really heard it till now...

I'm proud to be a Dad for these boys..... I'm crying as I write this...sorry!
:boohoo: