News:

MASM32 SDK Description, downloads and other helpful links
MASM32.com New Forum Link
masmforum WebSite

Desktop publisher (May 4 2005).

Started by LeXTeRiTY_X, April 10, 2005, 01:01:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LeXTeRiTY_X

Thanks to all those who sent comments and other greetz the first time I sent this.

As a quick introduction, this program was written to satisfy my requirements of a minimal desktop publisher that can compose documents and embed images in to them.

The program is able to edit HTML files, but not save them. Styles work internally and will soon be able to be read from and written to documents. I've tested it successfully in Windows98SE and Windows2000Pro. I have an old Win95 box but haven't tested on it yet.

This version has a major overhaul on redrawing and scrolling the client area. Most of the other changes can be seen in the application that is attached to this message.

-X

Download from: http://samarthurallen.tripod.com/designer.htm

LeXTeRiTY_X

Update:

Now works in Windows 2000 and XP with minor bugfixes.

Check the first post for latest version.

-X

Eóin

Very Impressive work Sam, has a polished and professional look about it. :U

Phoenix

Looks good and works stable without problems. (W2K SP4)

BTW, i can read it, where is the job?  :P

Regards,
Phoenix

LeXTeRiTY_X

Thanks for the reply Eoin, and the job Phoenix is located behind Bill Gates' desk... all we have to do is work out a way how to get there.

UPDATE:
Styles now work internally. I'm still working on reading and writing them.
More bugfixes on the NT/2K/XP level.

-X

QvasiModo

Tested on XP SP2. Very impressive work! :clap:

Found a little bug when scrolling: drag the scroll grip, you'll see the document doesn't scroll properly, shows some garbage (apparently the problem is in the top or bottom line). I've attached a screencap.

Also, the word "Horizontal" should be spelled with a "z". :toothy

[attachment deleted by admin]

LeXTeRiTY_X

Thanks for the bug report Qvasi, every bit helps :8)

The bug can be fixed by writing the paint procedure in a completely separate DLL, kind of like an edit control in NotePad, except this time the edit control DLL will have a bit more functionality and would be able to be easily integrated in to any project. Right now, the oversized paint-proc is inside of the main WndProc loop, possibly intefering with other variables as I've found out.

As for the spelling, I'll write a procedure to change the interface from UK-English to US-English. (Horisontal vs. Horizontal; Colour vs. Color; Commodore64 vs. AMD 64, etc :toothy )

I'll be rewriting this change really soon as I have a bit more time on my hands.

-X

LeXTeRiTY_X

Just a quick message to anyone who can help.

I'm using GNU/Linux and have long abandoned (hated?) Windows, hence my long absence from these boards... not that I have posted much in the first place anyway. I have completely wiped all work off the Windows partition (bad move) and this project has been somewhat lost. Now, I wished that I had posted the project _with_ the assembler source, in the hope that it would of been helpful to anyone that wanted it.

I am choosing to resume this project, but release it as "Free Software" - GNU style with source code, and cross-platform. All I need is to get my hands on the original binary so I can decompile it enough to extract the asm source from it.

So if anybody has the binary, I would be extremely grateful if it could be posted here.

Thankyou in advance.

--Sam