MASM32 SDK Description, downloads and other helpful links
MASM32.com New Forum Link
masmforum WebSite

path variable

Started by alex, April 01, 2005, 06:20:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alex

Good day!

i'm download masm32 v8.2 and sp1 (on XPsp2), but i found strange error.. seem's my windows have wrong PATH variable...
i use bat file... go.bat

/Masm32/bin/rc.exe rsrc.rc
/Masm32/bin/cvtres /machine:ix86 rsrc.res
/Masm32/bin/ml /coff /c /Cp /Gz testapp.asm
/Masm32/bin/Link /SUBSYSTEM:WINDOWS /SECTION:.text,ERW testapp.obj rsrc.obj
pause

i can compile sourse fine if it plased at
C:\masm32\examples\some_dir\ :U
but
if it have anoser path.. E:\!ultimate\dev\sourses\" it's not working...   :eek error message say me

E:\!ultimate\dev\sourses\12\>go
The system cannot find the path specified.
Press any key to continue . . .

i'm try set variables by this way: start/control panel/switch to classic view/system/advansed/environmet variables
variable name:Path
variable value: %SystemRoot%\system32;%SystemRoot%;%SystemRoot%\System32\Wbem;C:\masm32\bin\;C:\masm32\;C:\masm32\include\;C:\;
(hell... how many windows...  :dazzled:)
it's not working...

P1

Welcome alex      :U

Glad to have you here!   :dance:

You will find some the best people in the world, come here to get answers, as well as give them.

If you like getting and giving help in Assembler, this is the place for you!!       :clap:

Look forward to you participating with us.       :thumbu

Your problem is in the Go.bat / make file.  It not setup to run from there.  You did not include it, so we can not help you with that.

Regards,  P1  :8)

hutch--

Alex,

The drive limitation is due to how the default MASM32 setup works. It places relative paths for the required tools from ANY root directory so as it installs you can build files on any partition where you have MASM32 installed. MASM32 will install on any partition on your local machine so I would not place it on drive C if you develop on another drive.

The method is used to avoid the near endless installation mistakes that used to be made.
Download site for MASM32      New MASM Forum
https://masm32.com          https://masm32.com/board/index.php

alex

Thanks for help! i found some way do this: i will plase in *bat some variables, and now i can compile&assemble from any dir :dance:. But this method has limitation...  in *asm & *rs files mast be used absolute path (this mean \masm32\lib\user32.lib will not work, but C:\masm32\lib\user32.lib work fine)

go.bat
set currentpath=%CD%
set masm=C:/MASM32/bin
echo current dir is %currentpath%
echo current masm dir is %masm%
%masm%\ml /c /coff %currentpath%\prog.asm
%masm%\rc %currentpath%\rsrc.rc
%masm%\cvtres /machine:ix86 %currentpath%\rsrc.res
%masm%\Link /SUBSYSTEM:WINDOWS %currentpath%\prog.obj %currentpath%\rsrc.obj
echo done!
pause

sorry for bad english