News:

MASM32 SDK Description, downloads and other helpful links
MASM32.com New Forum Link
masmforum WebSite

A usefull content file :P

Started by rea, March 15, 2005, 04:40:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rea

Ok, time a go, when talking about the win API file and that there exist some suspicious topics in the cnt file (that there no exist the topic) :D...

http://www.masmforum.com/simple/index.php?topic=205.0

Closed by hutch-- :P.

In thes last days I get a "need" to get a nice .cnt file for such Reference, I have used the decompiler of hlp files with /c option, and formatted it a little.

I let you with what I have formatted, I have grouped the common controls, the controls defined by windows, also I have put at the same deep the subsections of each sections that start with "reference" for example there is the "Windows" section and the "-> Windows reference" altought they are the same section, is more easy get to the reference to the topic ;). At the end is the section of Functions by start character, also there is a appendix ;).

Interesting that some things where not listed in the .cnt file that is provided in the package like:
Portable executable information
CryptoAPI
Services

You can reformat the sections that have a -> by blocks.. you can show only the section and not the reference of the section, only if you openit or some like that :). Or you can delete all the functions

Hope this one can help you a little more ;). By the way, if you dont get it, this .cnt file is for the hlp that is about 24Mb (the .zip file is about 5Mb)...

By the way, a little modification, a error in the Mouse input section :P.

See the 3rd answer for get the file

pbrennick

rea

Hehe, I supose ;).

I supose that is nice to have a display where you can see a topic that atract you and follow the link and the link work.

Also it have a little more sections, like the CryptoAPI listed, some macros. Also for example there is a formatting for "pack" the 17 common controls under one sections, the 6 other controls under other sections ;), another example is that there exist a Appendix sections in the help file, and one topic cover a little about "Windows NT performance counters", tought I never before know that there exist a appendix :S...

The update that I put was only for correct the Mouse Input section (this one dosent exist) and for correct "subtemes" with "sub-themes".

Is only the .cnt file you only put in the same directory where the win32.hlp is and work, if you dont like the presentation you have two options, return the anterior .cnt file or delete the things that you dont like ;) in that .cnt file, I havent delete nothing from the output of the tool, I have only formatted a little like I whant ;).

rea

Hi there, no much interest uh???

OK, I have formatted another time ;), I have divided in in the following sections :P

1 General Windows Knowledge < 21 sub-themes, 19 References>
1 Common Controls < 18 sub-themes, 15 References >
1 Controls < 7 sub-themes, 5 references >
1 Shell and Integration < 16 sub-themes, 13 References>
1 Device Context Objects <17 sub-themes, 12 References>
1 Advanced Windows Programming Topics < 45 sub-themes, 29 References>
2 (PE)   Portable Executable File Manipulation (NEW)    < 6 sub-themes >
1 Language Support Topics < 4 sub-themes, 4 References>
1 Windows Networking < 6 sub-themes, 6 References>

Functions and an appendix

That is like I have understood the reference ;).

By the way, that 2 is about a section that is inside of other section (:P).

Also dont know if are the correct names for some sections :P, but is what I think of the contents ;).  For me such names make sense.
For example, in the appendix I have put CONSTANS or MESSAGES ;).

I attach the .cnt file and a screenshoot of how look (the fact is the same than the anterior description), but only is for psuh some interest for....

[attachment deleted by admin]