PLI statements to Assembler instructions

Started by Kolli, December 08, 2008, 08:36:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kolli

Hi,

I got  a requirement where I need to find how many assembler instructions are generated for each PLI statements in a program. When I compile with LIST option, I get pseudo assembly listing. This listing has line number info from which I can map, but still some line numbers are 000000 which I can't map. can anyone help me how to map this 000000 line number in assembly listing  to  corresponding statement in the program. Thanks in advance

regards,
Vijai

MichaelW

Are the 000000 lines perhaps calls to a run-time library?
eschew obfuscation

Kolli

Im sure,  it is not a call to a runtime library. when we compile with opt(2) option, assembler instruction are compressed & optimized. Optimization are done by reducing the machine instruction or moving some instruction to other place where its going to take less time in runtime.

ToutEnMasm

Hello,
The 000 start code will be at 400 000h +offset + correction at compiled time.
Corection at compiled time can change at each new compile.
Answer can be obtain:
-adding a label at start of code (starting_adress LABEL DWORD),more simple method
             the label start: could not be used,it is the starting adress of the code block and some code
             can be added at compiled time (it's the correction at compiled time)
-using the dbghelp.dll and the a pdb file (debug compile)
-reading the pe file (PE file format,take care with the correction at compiled time)