News:

MASM32 SDK Description, downloads and other helpful links
MASM32.com New Forum Link
masmforum WebSite

Polinker and poasm in masm32/bin..how to..

Started by sydetys, October 02, 2008, 10:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sydetys

..use them instead of ml.exe and linker.exe?? I mean straight from masm32 IDE window, so I don´t have to use console, or any other IDE.
Some ini tweaking maybe?

thanks

Vortex

Hi sydetys,

Poasm and Masm does not share the same macro convention. Talking about general purpose programming , Poasm will assemble Masm source code without any problem.

You can use Polink.exe instead of link.exe  It's a powerfull tool maintained regularly.

Could you be more specific with the meaning of masm32 IDE?

sydetys

Quote from: Vortex on October 02, 2008, 10:32:57 AM
Hi sydetys,

Poasm and Masm does not share the same macro convention. Talking about general purpose programming , Poasm will assemble Masm source code without any problem.

You can use Polink.exe instead of link.exe  It's a powerfull tool maintained regularly.

Could you be more specific with the meaning of masm32 IDE?

By IDE I mean that windows interface/window...not console..window..youuu know, my english sucks, but that is trivial, I got the answer good, ok, I use polink and poasm from console no problem.

Vortex

Hi sydetys,

No any problem. Like ml.exe and link.exe, Poasm and Polink are console based tools.

BlackVortex

You can rename your "link.exe", and rename "polink.exe" to "link.exe", the basic arguments are the same.

If you want an alternative assembler, use jwasm, which is 99.9% masm compatible. Again, you can rename your original ml.exe and then rename "jwasm.exe" to "ml.exe"

hutch--

sydetys,

If you want to run POASM in masm32 version 10, go to the POASM examples and look at the batch files that build them. The macro capacity is different between MASM and POASM but POASM is a very good tool that can do it all if you know how to write code for it.
Download site for MASM32      New MASM Forum
https://masm32.com          https://masm32.com/board/index.php