How do you enable Pelle's tools ?

Started by grofaz, September 08, 2008, 08:51:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

grofaz

Pelle's tools in the Build menu in GeneSys Editor Plus are greyed out and I can't figure out how to enable them.

Help appreciated.

PBrennick

dEbUgGeR,

The tools MUST be loxcated in \GeneSys\bin\ and the file you are working on must be on the same harddrive.

-- Paul
The GeneSys Project is available from:
The Repository or My crappy website

grofaz

Paul,

If I'm not mistaken poasm.exe, polink.exe, polib.exe, porc.exe, pomake.exe,and podump.exe are all in the C:\GeneSys\Bin folder. And all is on the same drive.

regards,
greg

PBrennick

bump....

Does that mean everything is okay?

-- Paul

grofaz

No! It's not working. The menu items for Pelle's tools are greyed out. The files I listed are all in the bin folder. They are what came with the SDK, I did not add them myself.

greg

grofaz

I was just looking at hitchhikr's OGL_ASM examples and for some reason Pelle's tools were functional. Not sure what the heck!?

Anyway, could not assemble/link the scissors example cause I don't have uuid.lib on board. I don't have the Platform SDK on board and I don't really want it either. Only bits of it if anything. How can I get a copy of uuid.lib??

Rainstorm

paul,
pelle's tools options are grayed out for me too in the menu.
& the binaries are in the \bin\ folder

Vortex

dEbUgGeR,

Load an example project or create a new project in the editor. You will be able to select Pelle's tools.

Rainstorm

vortex, pelle's options are grayed out, even when an asm file is loaded in the editor

thx

MichaelW

Using the editor from here, with a source loaded all of the choices on the Build/Other Tools menu are accessible, and while the selections for porc and polink work, the selections for Pelle's Assembler and Japheth's Assembler do not.

eschew obfuscation

Rainstorm

just dloaded that one;..all the options for other assemblers, show in that version. - i'd been dloading the editor from paul's website. - the selections for Pelle's Assembler and Japheth's Assembler do not work though.

PBrennick

The Editor on my website or anywhere else but from here is hopelessly outdated. If you wish to use Pelle's tools, you must get the editor from here. I am not well and overwelmed but trying hard, but that editor from this board works for Pelle's tools, I am sure of it.

-- Paul

Vortex

Rainstorm,

Download the editor from the board :

http://www.masm32.com/board/index.php?topic=9805.msg71789#msg71789

Create an example project and then save it. You will see that Pelle's tools are enabled.

MichaelW

Yes, Pelle's tools are enabled, and I can get the editor to use polink or porc, but even if I select Use Pelle's Assembler, the editor still uses ML, and the same for Use Japheth's Assembler.
eschew obfuscation