News:

MASM32 SDK Description, downloads and other helpful links
MASM32.com New Forum Link
masmforum WebSite

GeneSys Editor Request

Started by grofaz, September 06, 2008, 03:50:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PBrennick

Reboot your machine and keep me posted. It works fine on my end.

-- Paul
The GeneSys Project is available from:
The Repository or My crappy website

grofaz

OK Paul,

Here's what I'm getting. If you change c11 it wipes out the text color to black so if you have a black background text disappears. If you reset font color all is well. So I guess it works but not as robustly perhaps as desired??

regards,
greg

PBrennick

Greg,
I feel it is robust enough, hours went into developing this editor. I have just added a mini-FileManager and now the line count is close to 8800 lines for the asm file and close to 900 lines for the RC file so a lot of effort was made to not just take shortcuts. My advice to you is simple, if you chose a black background then the TextColor or C11 should never be set to black.  :U

Also, there is a program called HCP.EXE that was written in asm on this board by someone that would be perfect for you. I have a copy and will find it for you. It has 3 sliders and a viewing window so you can see the colors change as you slide. The values are reported to you. The reason you need this is because there are an incredible amount of RGB values that will yield a color so close to black you will not be able to tell the difference. Watch this topic.

-- Paul

grofaz

Paul,

I don't think you understand what I'm saying. I set font to Green, background to Black, default syntax highlight colors. All is well.

However, if I then customize the syntax highlight color for Comments, which is C11 I believe, it will indeed change the color to that requested but will wipe out my previous selection of Green for font and make it Black. Since I have a Black backgrond font disappears!

I like your editor, don't mean to imply it's not robust, just think it should not wipe out user preferences once set.
I can reselect Green for font and all is well again.

regards,
greg

PBrennick

Greg,

Indeed, many times I mistake what someone is saying. I promise to take your request seriously as I try to do with all requests. I will test again now that I have more specifics. I can assure you, however, that the default text color is set using a call to the RichEdit control whereas the comments are painted so the two processes really should not be able to interfere each other (except for the comment, itself).

The bottom line is that I realize that you have in your minds eye what you want your programming environment to look like and I want it to happen.

By the way, I could not find hcp.exe so I wrote my own version. I believe it could be useful to you and others whether it has anything to do with the problem or not. Give it a play with the slides and observe the painting of the box. You will see what I was talking about before.

Also, are you using an LCD screen?

EDIT: I just tried it. I really like that green on black look, but you are right about something being screwy with C11. Give me a day, please.

EDIT: Greg, as a temporary (and I mean temporary) work-around, set the C11 value BEFORE you set the TextColor and it will work.
1. Set background color.
2. Make any changes to syntax highlighting.
3. Set TextColor.

It is a temporary fix and the problem still needs to be addressed but, at least, in the meantime, you should be able to get that environment that you want.

-- Paul

[attachment deleted by admin]

grofaz

Quote from: PBrennick on September 15, 2008, 01:34:34 PM

Also, are you using an LCD screen?

EDIT: I just tried it. I really like that green on black look, but you are right about something being screwy with C11. Give me a day, please.

EDIT: Greg, as a temporary (and I mean temporary) work-around, set the C11 value BEFORE you set the TextColor and it will work.
1. Set background color.
2. Make any changes to syntax highlighting.
3. Set TextColor.

It is a temporary fix and the problem still needs to be addressed but, at least, in the meantime, you should be able to get that environment that you want.

-- Paul

Paul,

The work around is exactly what I'm doing. And yes I do have an LCD. Thanks for checking it out!

Regards,
greg