News:

MASM32 SDK Description, downloads and other helpful links
MASM32.com New Forum Link
masmforum WebSite

GeneSys Editor Request

Started by grofaz, September 06, 2008, 03:50:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

grofaz

Syntax highlighting doesn't stick between sessions. Sure would be nice if it stuck.  :wink

Looks great, thanks!

Vortex

Hi dEbUgGeR,

Thanks for your interest in GeneSys editor. Could you give more information about the issue you are experiencing?

grofaz

Yeah sure.

When I customize the syntax highlighting preferences they don't stick between sessions. If I close the Editor and open a new instance of the Editor I'm back to yellow background etc.

It would be nice if custom preferences stuck between sessions. That way I wouldn't have to redo them each time or else have to accept the defaults.

Regards

grofaz

There are also some spelling errors I'm seeing. This one is from the Build menu. The template.asm file has some errors as well.

[attachment deleted by admin]

grofaz

How do you use Pelle's tools from the Build menu ? They're greyed out !  :dazzled:

Vortex

Hi dEbUgGeR ,

QuoteWhen I customize the syntax highlighting preferences they don't stick between sessions.

Thanks for your feedback. It looks like that the editor does not save correctly some preferences. I will talk to Paul about the issues you reported.

grofaz

Cool!  :U

I was thinking about it and I should be more specific. It's not the syntax highlighting I'm actually on about. It's background, foreground, and font selection that don't stick between sessions. I was referring to all of that generically as syntax highlighting, but that's not really correct. Syntax highlighting actually works fine.

Sorry for any misunderstanding. Mea culpa.

Regards

PBrennick

dEbUgGeR,
Yes, there is a problem setting ther background color and having it stay that way. Thank you for the report. I will fix it in the morning.

-- Paul
The GeneSys Project is available from:
The Repository or My crappy website

PBrennick

Setting the background color persists session to session, now. Get the new version from the GeneSys Editor Update topic.

-- Paul

grofaz

grofaz

Paul,

I think I may have broken your latest editor update!

I set font to Courier New 11 pt
...... Text color to Green
...... Background color to Black

Everything worked great.

However, I then tried to customize the syntax highlight color for comments from the default value to:

Red 38
Green 140
Blue 254

using the color picker popup when clicking on change button.

And everything went bonky. The editor got real sluggish and would not link my program properly.

I had to reinstall the sdk.

If you need more info, just shout.

greg

PBrennick

Greg,
there are twelve boxes that can be modified. Please tell me which ones by the c?? number or was it all of them?

-- Paul

grofaz

I believe C11 for Comments.

Got to go to work...I'm late...

greg

PBrennick

I'll work on it later tonight. Right now, I have someone hanging on my arm in a VERY insistent way. Must handle the priorities, you know.  :U

-- Paul