MASM32 SDK Description, downloads and other helpful links
MASM32.com New Forum Link
masmforum WebSite

GeneSys Editor update

Started by PBrennick, September 01, 2008, 04:54:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PBrennick

Hi,

This version fixes an issue  with the Mini-FileManager. TABS (\t escape sequence) do not work correctly if you are declaring a top-level menu item. The TAB is referenced from the beginning instead of the end of the word(s). I suppose I could have used multiple escapes but I just did it another way, instead.

Plus I shamelessly added my picture to the 'About The Editor' Dialog.

I consider this release as stable and will probably not do a lot with the editor for some time to come.

-- Paul

[attachment deleted by admin]
The GeneSys Project is available from:
The Repository or My crappy website

grofaz

:eek

Paul,

Unfortuneately GeneSys Editor Plus is now hanging when I start it up. I extracted the new updated files into my GeneSys folder and clicked yes to overwrite. Do I need to do something differently ?

It started up normally first time, I changed backgrount color, font, and text color. Exited the program. Restarted and the program now hangs everytime.

greg

PBrennick

dEbUgGeR,
I have managed to reproduce this problem. It appears you chose black for a background color which means that the BgColor variable will contain zero and cause the registry initialization process to go into an endless loop. Sorry, I screwed up.

The fix is simple, the bug is horrible. I will fix it right away.

-- Paul

grofaz

Yes you're right, I chose black as a background. Thanks for the quick fixing. I'm enjoying GeneSys immensely.

greg

Vortex

Hi Greg,

As a temporary solution for the hanging problem, you can download a copy of the GeneSys editor from SkyDrive

PBrennick

Hi Guys,
It is fixed, black is allowed as well as all other colors. It took me a bit because I was having a timing issue with opening the window, setting the back and foreground colors and doing the syntax highlighting. The idea was to do it in a way that there is no discernable changing going on. I have achieved that. Also, I have added a dummy entry into the registry (last in the list) that I can watch to see if the registry entries have been deleted.

You can get the updated editor in the usual place. I will wait one day before updating SkyDrive and notifying Ghirai.

Greg, I appreciate the fact that YOU appreciate the efforts of Vortex and myself.
Thank you,
-- Paul

Vortex

Hi Paul,

Thanks for this release, it works fine :U

grofaz

Yup...works great now. Thanks man!

greg

mitchi

An Impressive editor, It didn't seem fazed by the big .asm file that was giving trouble to my notepad++  :bg
Nice package gentlemen but what is it with that big step by step delete thing. We are not babies, just tell us to delete the folder  :green

PBrennick

Thank you for the kind words. You may be right about the step-by-step thing. I will look at it.

Paul

zcoder

I have not been around for eons. I was just wondering how the project was doing.
Back in 1979, My computer ran so fine.
And there was no such thing,
As a Microsoft Crashed Machine.
http://zcoder.110mb.com
http://www.dietzel.com/partner/idevaffiliate.php?id=345_6  Free Domain Names

Vortex

Hi zcoder,

Paul will be not here for a while. The medical treatment is continuing. We started to work on new tools to support the GeneSys editor.

UtillMasm

PBrennick

Are you talking about the source code for the editor? If so, that may be possible. First I would have to talk to Vortex about it. There is also one other who is not known as a member of the team yet; I need to okay it with both of them.

Paul

UtillMasm

I'm just assembly language beginner.
I want to lean it's code. even I'm not use it.( :wink)