masmforum WebSite

ResEd 1.1.4.2 Uploaded

Started by KetilO, July 19, 2007, 01:54:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KetilO

Whats new:

1.1.4.2b - 2007.07.20
------------------------------
o Fixed bugs when creating a new project and Save #defines to [Project].h file was enabled.

1.1.4.2 - 2007.07.19
-----------------------------
o Dialog editor now checks if the controls name exist.
o Added option to set dialog ,menu and rcdata default start ID and increment.
o When adding a new resource like dialog, menu or rcdata an unique ID for the resource is generated.
o When adding a new resource like menu or rcdata an unique name for the resource is generated.
o Fixed bug where parser did not accept hex numbers with uppercase X.

Get it here:
http://www.radasm.com/resed/index.html

KetilO

Shantanu Gadgil

Hi,
Probable bug with the "Save to #defines" functionality...

This is what I do:

* Start a new project and in the Windows common dialog give a name ... "sample".
* The file entry which goes in the .rc file still says
  #include "(Untitled).h"

Also the include file entry doesn't show up in the tree-view list right away; it does show up after I re-open the .rc file

Great work with the "Save #defiines" functionality!!!

Amazing work with the "increment" functionality too ... very very useful ... fits in perfectly with what I had to do manually otherwise!!!  :bg

Also, I noticed that choosing the "Save #defines" option makes the IDs disappear from the .rc file.
I guess this would be on purpose, but how about not removing them from the .rc file ?

Also, how about not having a ONLY a single choice in the export format (so checkboxes instead of radio button)

For the export thing, how about enabling the file name text box ONLY if the "File" option is chosen?

Really low priority suggestion...
How about an "Export Now" button (or something) in the option where we choose what type of export (Assembly, C, hla, etc). Saves a trip to the menu!

How about a "header guard" for the exported .h file

#ifndef __[PROJECT]_H
#define __[PROJECT]_H

/*all defines here*/

#endif

Regards,
Shantanu
To ret is human, to jmp divine!

KetilO

Thanks Shantanu Gadgil

QuoteProbable bug with the "Save to #defines" functionality...

This is what I do:

* Start a new project and in the Windows common dialog give a name ... "sample".
* The file entry which goes in the .rc file still says
  #include "(Untitled).h"

Also the include file entry doesn't show up in the tree-view list right away; it does show up after I re-open the .rc file
Bug fixed, new upload.

QuoteAlso, I noticed that choosing the "Save #defines" option makes the IDs disappear from the .rc file.
I guess this would be on purpose, but how about not removing them from the .rc file ?
This posibility alredy exists with exports.

QuoteAlso, how about not having a ONLY a single choice in the export format (so checkboxes instead of radio button)
Not a good idea (filename), there must be a better way to do this.

QuoteFor the export thing, how about enabling the file name text box ONLY if the "File" option is chosen?
Good idea. Will do it in next release.

QuoteReally low priority suggestion...
How about an "Export Now" button (or something) in the option where we choose what type of export (Assembly, C, hla, etc). Saves a trip to the menu!
This alredy exist. Project / Export Names. It even has a shortcut Ctrl+E

QuoteHow about a "header guard" for the exported .h file
Can't you do this in your C code?

KetilO

Shantanu Gadgil

Quote from: KetilO on July 20, 2007, 08:21:31 AM
QuoteAlso, I noticed that choosing the "Save #defines" option makes the IDs disappear from the .rc file.
This posibility alredy exists with exports.
No, what I meant is ... even if the .h is being generated, let the IDs be in the .rc file.
Thus the .rc file never has the #include [project].h line.
The .h gets generated "in addition to" the .rc file.

QuoteAlso, how about not having a ONLY a single choice in the export format (so checkboxes instead of radio button)
Not a good idea (filename), there must be a better way to do this.
What I was suggesting here is that in addition to the IDs being contained in the .rc file, _probably_ the user could generate say, a .INC, .H and (I don't know the general convention for header files for hla, Powerbasic, etc, but the equivalent header files)

The only proper reason could be if some one is using the _same_ .rc for more than one type of project (ASM, C, etc).
In hindsight, probably doesn't seem all that useful!!!  :bg

QuoteHow about a "header guard" for the exported .h file
Can't you do this in your C code?
Ummm ... usually ... the common include (for VC, the  stdafx.h) will look something like this:

#include <windows.h>
#include <resource.h>

Here, because of the resource.h, a "symbol redefinition" error might popup as each module would be having a #include "stdafx.h" in them.

Regards,
Shantanu

Shantanu Gadgil

Hi Ketil,
On another note, wouldn't the "Save to #defines"  be same as the following:
Export Format" as "C defines"
"Output Type" as "File"
and specify the filename as [PROJECT].h

In that case, the "Save to #defines" is being repeated isn't it?

(All excited here ... cool functionality ... lots of questions  :dazzled: :dazzled: )

Cheers and regards,
Shantanu

KetilO

Hi Shantanu Gadgil

Export file name as [PROJECT].h is a good idea. Will add it.

Maybe the file extention could override the export format setting? Auto export when saved would have to be unchecked for it to work properly.
Would this solve your problems?

KetilO

Shantanu Gadgil

Hi Ketil,

QuoteMaybe the file extention could override the export format setting? Auto export when saved would have to be unchecked for it to work properly.
Would this solve your problems?
Yes...that would be fine!!

Great work on this functionality  :U :U ... didn't want to sound "complaining"   :(

Regards,
Shantanu