Easy Code: A new visual way of assembly programming

Started by Ramon Sala, December 20, 2004, 01:54:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ramon Sala

Hi,

First of all, I would like to thank all support the Easy Code IDE has received. The idea is to make 32-bit Windows assembly programming as much easy and quick as possible, that is why Easy Code libraries (static or dynamic) are needed in Visual projects. They certainly increase the final file size (just a few KB), but that is the price for easyness and quickness. On the other hand, for those who prefer to program in the traditional way, Easy Code also has the Classic projects, where the final size only depends on the code you write (no libraries nor extra code added). The IDE is available for both, Masm and GoAsm compilers. The Masm version needs Masm32 or GeneSys to be installed in order to build the projects. For the GoAsm version a specific Easy Code package has been prepared, ECGo, including the Go tools and all the necessary include files.

I know Easy Code can be improved and I will try to do it, but I think it is already a good IDE. I really hope you will make good Windows applications in order not to let assembly language to die.

Thank you very much.

http://www.easycode.cat

Ramon Sala (Easy Code programmer)

Greetings from Catalonia

Porkster

Not to mention EasyCode is a great entry point into assembly for users with a visual coding background, which seems to be alot of modern school educated.

Easycode adds another approach to learning assembly, especially when compared to the other IDE's out there.  EasyCode is the only visual asm code construction IDE.

Thanks Ramon.

Ramon Sala

Thank you Porkster. I really appreciate your words.

Regards,

Ramon (rsala)
Greetings from Catalonia

Bieb

This really is great.  Win32 made it a lot harder to code in ASM, and we've needed something like this for a while to make it easier again.  How much you wanna bet M$ goes and copies your idea now?   :bg

Ramon Sala

Bieb,

Thanks again for your words. I'm not sure I wanna bet M$ is going to copy the idea, but if they do that, I supose I'd have to be proud (or not).

Regards,

Ramon
Greetings from Catalonia

pbrennick

I don't think there is much concern for a M$ version because it is too late.  Ramon has an inherent copyright that M$ would have to buy out.  They would only be interested in doing that if the userbase goes into the hundreds of thousands.  After all, it would be a business venture.

Paul

Ramon Sala

I think Paul has explained it perfectly well. Anyway, to be "bought out" by M$ is not one of my dreams. Not for now!

Ramon
Greetings from Catalonia