News:

MASM32 SDK Description, downloads and other helpful links
MASM32.com New Forum Link
masmforum WebSite

MASM Programmer's Guide in CHM format

Started by GregL, August 08, 2006, 11:32:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GregL

I created a version of the MASM Programmer's Guide in CHM format. It was too large to attach, so here is an external link.

MASM Programmer's Guide in CHM format

Use this one, it has better images. Thank's to andrejus for adding them in.

http://www.box.net/shared/qkpzlg42hf

ToutEnMasm

Hello,
Very usefull.
If it is possible to add some references from msdn,it would be perfect.
                ToutEnmasm

Vortex

Mark Jones

"To deny our impulses... foolish; to revel in them, chaos." MCJ 2003.08

MazeGen

Now the guide is much better usable. Thanks Greg :thumbu

softwareguy256

mnemonic

Greg,

this one is very useful.  :U
Is it your intellectual property? And if so, would you mind if I translated it and included it in a Wiki?

Quote from: softwareguy256 on September 05, 2006, 07:35:24 PM
DOES NOT WORK.  Every topic is blank.
If you have got the time, would you bother telling us what OS you have and what modifications (service packs, no IExplorer, etc. pp.) are installed?
Bug reports like "DOES NOT WORK" are pretty useless.
Be kind. Everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.--Plato
-------
How To Ask Questions The Smart Way

Wistrik

Did you map links to your local drives? All I'm seeing in every display panel is:
QuoteThe page cannot be displayed
The page you are looking for is currently unavailable. The Web site might be experiencing technical difficulties, or you may need to adjust your browser settings.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please try the following:

Click the  Refresh button, or try again later.

If you typed the page address in the Address bar, make sure that it is spelled correctly.

To check your connection settings, click the Tools menu, and then click Internet Options. On the Connections tab, click Settings. The settings should match those provided by your local area network (LAN) administrator or Internet service provider (ISP).
See if your Internet connection settings are being detected. You can set Microsoft Windows to examine your network and automatically discover network connection settings (if your network administrator has enabled this setting).
Click the Tools menu, and then click Internet Options.
On the Connections tab, click LAN Settings.
Select Automatically detect settings, and then click OK.
Some sites require 128-bit connection security. Click the Help menu and then click About Internet Explorer to determine what strength security you have installed.
If you are trying to reach a secure site, make sure your Security settings can support it. Click the Tools menu, and then click Internet Options. On the Advanced tab, scroll to the Security section and check settings for SSL 2.0, SSL 3.0, TLS 1.0, PCT 1.0.
Click the  Back button to try another link.

Cannot find server or DNS Error
Internet Explorer 
Win XP Pro SP2, IE 6 SP2, default security settings.

GregL

Quote from: mnemonicIs it your intellectual property? And if so, would you mind if I translated it and included it in a Wiki?

It's not my intellectual property. As far as I'm concerned, you can do whatever you like with it. The content is copyright Microsoft. I just changed the format (HTML to HTML Help). The same information is posted in several places on the web in PDF, Word and HTML formats and they've been there for quite some time.

As far as the problems, I have no idea, it worked for me.

It's pretty easy to make your own. 1. Download a copy of HTML Help Workshop (free).  2. Download the HTML version of the guide.  3. Create a CHM from the HTML.

Wistrik

No need, I was only testing the file to provide feedback.

I mentioned links because a friend had someone build his website, but when it was uploaded some of his images weren't working. I viewed the source and noticed the images were linked to the coder's hard drive (he didn't use relative links). My friend passed the info on and got the site fixed.

I can't even view the source in this CHM, since the default IE error page is the only thing displayed.

GregL

Wistrik,

I made sure and didn't put any paths in the links, just the filenames. Only two people have had problems with it. Maybe a bad download?

Howard

RE:
The page cannot be displayed
The page you are looking for is currently unavailable. The Web site might be experiencing technical difficulties, or you may need to adjust your browser settings.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please try the following:

Click the  Refresh button, or try again later.
etc.

Solved the problem - I imagine comes with XP Service pack 2.

Right click on the file under WExplorer, select Properties, and you will see a message to the effect that because this file came from another computer it may have been blocked to protect yours.
Just deselect this and then it will work fine - for me anyway.

Thanks for providing this Greg - a valuable service to everyone! (Is there anyway to make the diagram details visible? - though they are better than the other copies I have.)

Howard

GregL

Howard,

I ran into that same CHM problem once too, it's an XP SP2 security "feature".

I used the images that came with the HTML version, they're pretty worthless. I looked around for better ones but couldn't find any. The Word version has the same lousy images.

PBrennick

Greg,
Thank you for making this guide so useful.  In the format it is in right now it is more user-friendly.  I would not worry too much about the images.

Paul
The GeneSys Project is available from:
The Repository or My crappy website

Wistrik

Thanks Howard, that solved the problem! I'm still getting used to XP.

Thanks Greg, it looks great.