masmforum WebSite

HiEditor V1.0.1.0

Started by akyprian, July 18, 2006, 12:56:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

akyprian

Hi all,

This is HiEditor V1.0.1.0

What's new

1.Even faster file opening (Thanks Stan Hebben)

2.New option for the line numbers column. The column size changes automatically as appropriate (Thanks shantanu_gadgil)

3.speed optimizations when painting

4.Selecting the Replace button from the "Find" dialog, the Replace edit gets
the focus.

5.Feedback when chosing to undo/redo from the list.

6.several minor bugs fixed

7.speed and size optimizations

Regards,

Antonis

EDIT: fixed a silly bug regarding file saving and another one regarding single line documents (Thanks icehole)

[attachment deleted by admin]

akyprian

New upload on top

Regards,

Antonis

Ehtyar

Doing a great job man, opens a years worth of apache log(~150 megs) in about 20 seconds, lol

akyprian

Thanks a lot for the feedback. Good to know HiEditor works as expected

Regards,

Antonis

Shantanu Gadgil

Thanks for the compliments and excellent work with HiEditor!  :U :thumbu
Thanks for implementing the "autosizing" of the margin

One question...is "Word-wrap" possible? I looked everywhere but couldn't find it.  :(

Suggestion:
In the options dialog you say "Line Numbers Bar"  :eek :bg How about "Margin" (I think thats pretty self-explanatory)

Also...the "OK" and "Cancel" buttons are the other way around (to the "standard"  ::) ::) MS style) Any plans to make them like MS ?

Why are the Up-Down controls outside the text box? I think making them a "buddy" of the text box and autoalign to right will make them go inside the text box

The autosizing thing changing based on where (which line number) I am in the document is a bit distracting as the page keeps shifting left/right as I scroll up and down. Can it be made not to shift left/right?
(With respect to my original algo, what I was saying was...let the user set whatever width he/she wants, once the no.of lines exceeds the possible width in which the line number can be shown, then resize the margin-width, and thereafter us the new margin-width throughout)

Maybe you could keep all the options possible for those who don't mind the current auto-sizing behaviour?

Still wondering why you have the check-boxes right-aligned? (Maybe you just like it that way!  :bdg :bdg )

Cheers and Regards,
Shantanu
To ret is human, to jmp divine!

Vortex

Antonis,

Very nice work :U

akyprian

@shantanu_gadgil:
QuoteThanks for the compliments ...
I really mean it. With feedback, things can only get better.

QuoteOne question...is "Word-wrap" possible? I looked everywhere but couldn't find it
No, not yet. I have some ideas about it but not sure which one is the best to follow.

QuoteIn the options dialog you say "Line Numbers Bar"    How about "Margin" (I think thats pretty self-explanatory)
I fully agree but there is some more margin next to the "Line Numbers Bar".

QuoteAlso...the "OK" and "Cancel" buttons are the other way around (to the "standard"    MS style) Any plans to make them like MS ?
OK, I will.

QuoteWhy are the Up-Down controls outside the text box? I think making them a "buddy" of the text box and autoalign to right will make them go inside the text box
Ok, let it be

QuoteThe autosizing thing changing based on where (which line number) I am in the document is a bit distracting as the page keeps shifting left/right as I scroll up and down. Can it be made not to shift left/right?
(With respect to my original algo, what I was saying was...let the user set whatever width he/she wants, once the no.of lines exceeds the possible width in which the line number can be shown, then resize the margin-width, and thereafter us the new margin-width throughout)
I know what you had suggested. I thought that the current implementation is much better. The autosize is based on the max line number currently visible

QuoteStill wondering why you have the check-boxes right-aligned? (Maybe you just like it that way)!
Exaclty!

@Vortex:
Thanks for your good words

Regards,

Antonis

Shantanu Gadgil

Hello,
How about showing the filename in the title-bar. Very helpful when I have many HiEditor windows open!
To ret is human, to jmp divine!

akyprian

Put on the todo list, thanks again

Antonis

Ghirai

Great work, nice and clean app.

I esp. like the fact that you keep settings in an INI instead of cluttering the registry.

Insignificant suggestion: add a xp manifest file in the resource, and use icons in the msgboxes (question when asking to save file, etc).
And in the 'options' dialog box, sawp 'ok' and 'cancel' button postitions, because 'traditionaly' the cancel button is on the rioght of the ok button.
MASM32 Project/RadASM mirror - http://ghirai.com/hutch/mmi.html

akyprian

Hi Ghirai,

Your suggestions will be implemented in the next version.

Thanks a lot,

Antonis