MASM32 SDK Description, downloads and other helpful links
MASM32.com New Forum Link
masmforum WebSite

Simple Chat

Started by Eugen, June 03, 2006, 04:30:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eugen

Hi All

I've written a simple chat application and i thought i'd share it with you.
I am working on implementing TCP protocol in Solar OS and for testing i needed a simple application that works only on TCP, and not using some other higher protocol, like http, ftp etc.
The application is written in MASM32 using RadASM, the project file is included. I've included also some "bat" files for non-RadASM people.
The application is working by connecting a "client" to a "host", the client needs to know the IP of the host. Also the two must agree on the same port. The application is pretty straightforward, i dont think many explanations are needed. There are a lot of messages outputed with OutputDebugString if you are interested to look at some events. There is a DEBUG_BUILD equ in main file that disables all those log messages.

The network engine works with asynchronous sockets, using notifications to window.

If you are interested in using it in any way, you are free to do so. You can ask here questions about the implementation if you need to.

Eugen

[attachment deleted by admin]

Ugly

Hello world ,
For starters, thanks a lot for sharing this source, it works 100%. I have just beginning Winsock Programming, thus i need help. How can i do for that several people "client" can connect on the server "host", it is possible ? that is my problem.  :8)