MASM32 SDK Description, downloads and other helpful links
MASM32.com New Forum Link
masmforum WebSite

HiEditor

Started by akyprian, June 02, 2006, 09:17:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

akyprian

Hi all,

HiEditor is an ultra fast, large file editor consuming very little memory. It can display non-printable characters in a readable format. Text is pinned.

HiEditor uses my HiEdit custom control which I already released as a library and a dll together with a demo appication. Note: I 'll release a new version of this package soon.

Please let me know of any suggestions or bugs.

Regards,

Antonis

[attachment deleted by admin]

Shantanu Gadgil

Woohoo...excellent!!!  :U :U :U

just a few suggestions:
* The line numbers' width thing...could it be made into a text box with an up down control. (Easier to follow)
* How about putting the font options inside a groupbox???
Also, any reason for having "lefttexted" check boxes? (too used to standards, I guess)  :wink :wink
To ret is human, to jmp divine!

akyprian

I am glad you like it. I 'll take your suggestions into account.

Thanks a lot,

Antonis

Mark Jones

Hi Antonis, HiEdit looks and works great! It effortlessly scrolls through a 100MB .ZIP file which is over 300,000 "lines" long... while using only 11MB of RAM! :bg

I'd like to ask for some additional features if possible.

1. Option for Hexadecimal viewing and editing?
2. File association?
3. Minor: the Line Numbers Width default of 21 only allows three digits to be displayed on XP SP2. Maybe default LineNumbersWidth=38 so that >10,000 lines can be seen.

Keep up the good work! :U
"To deny our impulses... foolish; to revel in them, chaos." MCJ 2003.08

akyprian

Hi Mark Jones,

HiEditor uses ~140K when opening large files.

1. I don't think this will be done any soon
2. You can associate any file type with HiEditor
3. The default is only the default. You can change it to any value you prefer

Thanks for the good words,

Antonis

zooba

Very nice. Beautiful toolbar icons as well, did you make them yourself? If so are they freely usable?

Cheers,

Zooba :U

akyprian

Thanks a lot. I use the same toolbar bitmaps in WinAsm Studio which are courtesy of PhoBos. You can use them, if you so wish.

Regards,

Antonis

savage

I highly recommend akyprian's work to everyone.  I've been using his applications for over a year, and could not live without them.

akyprian

This is very kind, thanks a lot :bg

Antonis

stanhebben

Nice program  :U just locks up when I try to load in a 3GB file  :P

skywalker

Quote from: akyprian on June 02, 2006, 09:17:55 AM
Hi all,

It can display non-printable characters in a readable format. Text is pinned.

Regards,

Antonis

If you mean the extended ASCII characters, it doesn't display them correctly.

akyprian

Hi,

@Stan Hebben: It is supposed to load even a 3GB file; Does it crash or you are not patient enough to wait for it to load?

@skywalker: Non-printable characters are < 32 and are displayed nicely (I hope!). The Extended ASCII (> 127) display is dictated by the currently selected font. Please let me know if it is not clear enough.

Antonis

stanhebben

I loaded the 3GB file again, and I've been waiting for about 5 minutes, but the file still wasn't loaded.

Copying the file in explorer to the same file does take about 6 minutes. (but that's read & write, so reading it should take about 3 minutes)

The program doesn't crash, only hangs.

Don't bother solving it. Who loads up 3GB text files  :bg (my file wasn't a text file)

Stan

Mark Jones

Quote from: akyprian on June 03, 2006, 02:20:30 PM
HiEditor uses ~140K when opening large files.

Hmm... see the attached photo. What does this indicate then? I started HiEdit then loaded a 3.75MB bitmap.

[attachment deleted by admin]
"To deny our impulses... foolish; to revel in them, chaos." MCJ 2003.08

stanhebben

I opened up a 10MB plain text file with 540 000 lines. It works very fast  :U but it uses op 11MB instead of the 140K.

Stan