ResEd's font display issue (v1.1.2.7)

Started by Shantanu Gadgil, March 30, 2006, 04:05:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shantanu Gadgil

Hi Ketil,
I have noticed a "font display problem", so to say, in ResEd.

This is how to reproduce it.
Create a "Dialog" resource.
Make the dialog's font to "Tahoma"
Save and close.
When you reopen the project, the text of all the controls on the dialog looks (a bit shorter) as shown in the atachment. If I again choose the font and set it to Tahoma, all the the texts looks OK.
This problem does not occur, if the font was initially set to "MS Sans Serif".
* Must be something to do with the font type (most probably), I guess.

Feature Request:
Would it be possible to run multiple ResEds on the same Windows with their _individual_ settings?
I ask because I use ResEd with VC Express (where I need to export C type defines) and ResEd with ASM projects (which require exported defines in ASM style) :)

P.S.
For v1.1.2.7, the help about says v1.1.2.7 but the version info in the exe says 1.1.2.6  ::) :green2

[attachment deleted by admin]
To ret is human, to jmp divine!

KetilO

Hi

I am unable to make the font problem appear. What OS are you using?

To be able to have different resed configurations you must build your own resed with a different registry key.
You can find the key in ResEd.inc

szResEd  db 'Software\ResEd1000\',0

Included is a 1.1.2.8 prerelease.

KetilO

Edit:
New upload.
Attachment deleted.

Shantanu Gadgil

First of all let me say about v1.1.2.8...sweeeetah!  :dance:
Did the recompiling with a different registry entry...works like a charm. (Two different ResEds on single machine)
Now waiting for the FULL v 1.1.2.8!

About the font display issue...
Firstly, it happens for font size of "8". It does not occur for a font size of 10. (I have not checked smaller than 8 and bigger than 10 sizes) :(

Secondly, the font should be of the type ... (I don't what its called), but in the font box there is the letter "O" next to the font name (e.g. Tahoma, Verdana, etc).

As guessed before, there is no problem if the font is "MS Sans Serif" and family  :bg (where there is nothing next to the font name in the font box).

And yes...OS details:
WinXPSP2

Also the font size is "Normal" in the "Desktop (right-click)" > "Properties" > "Appearance" tab.

Running in Windows Classic mode.
Switching "Themes" service ON or even running with some visual style like "Luna" causes the same thing.

Hope all this info helps. Anything more required? Do let me know.
To ret is human, to jmp divine!

KetilO

Thanks

Bug found, new bugtest upload.

KetilO