Requirements for adding to WINDOWS.INC

Started by hutch--, July 03, 2005, 01:32:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hutch--

As most would understand, the WINDOWS.INC is a large file that has taken a lot of work to produce and its maintainance is not a particularly easy task. The current core of data is from the Whistler edition of the PlatformSDK at about win2000 technology and while about 120k of server2003 data was added to it recently, additions have to be done very carefully as there are sequential dependencies in the file. Because the file is a reference work that is used by a very large number of people the additions cannot be done carelessly or without understanding the proper backwards compatiility that the file must have so that people who use it don't have the problem of files that no longer build.

What is needed when an equate is missing or a structure is not present is the data after it has been checked, the library or include file that it normally lives in and the OS version that it was introduced in if its not one of the older win32 variety.
Download site for MASM32      New MASM Forum
https://masm32.com          https://masm32.com/board/index.php

xandaz

Hi there. I'm xandaz and I'm making this post - not sure I'm in the right topic - first to be acknowledged as a human member of the forum so i won't be deleted and also because i have some questions on windows.inc file. I just download masm32 v10 a couple of days ago and I'm encountering a discrepation - maybe not - in comparison with the older windows.inc i had still from mams32 v8 or something. The TBBUTTON structure has an added word item labeled as _wPad1 which i found out has been put the for compability with 64 bit versions of windows. I'm wondering if there's a way to toggle this to 32 bits or yet if it's perfectly alright because I'm getting some magnitude errors when initializing the structure.
   Feel free to give me some feed on this whenever you fell like it and i give my regards to you and the site's crew.

PS: I'm sorry I'm not a god-like programmer but I'm learing

ToutEnMasm

All this sort of questions is answered by the sdk (and in the translated SDK RC7).
In particular this one is in the commctrl.sdk.
TBBUTTON   STRUCT
   iBitmap DWORD ?
   idCommand DWORD ?
   fsState BYTE ?
   fsStyle BYTE ?
IFDEF _WIN64
   bReserved BYTE 6 dup (?) ; padding for alignment
ELSEIF DEFINED(_WIN32)
   bReserved BYTE 2 dup (?) ; padding for alignment
ENDIF
   dwData DWORD ?
   iString DWORD ?
TBBUTTON      ENDS

dedndave

perhaps you just need to define _WIN32 or _WIN64
i would have thought that _WIN32 is default

IFNDEF _WIN64
_WIN32 equ 1
ENDIF

or sumpin like that

xandaz

thanks dedndave. i'll look into it. it appears the magnitude error error had to do with me using the wrong state. i was using TB_PRESSBUTTON instead of TBSTYLE_ENABLED. i guess i'm way behind on the programming scene. Thanks for the help anyway. i appreciate it, c u  :U

miro100

Hello

this is a big big thnx to Mr hutch for the effort in creating this package and making lt available 4 ppl

again : big thnx

xandaz

i've been experiencing some problems and was wondering if there is an updated version of windows.inc. Thanks

dedndave

from what i understand, Hutch is soon to release the next version of the masm32 package   :U

xandaz

Yeah.... the sooner the better. Get to work hutch....jk  :U