MASM32 SDK Description, downloads and other helpful links
MASM32.com New Forum Link
masmforum WebSite

Neener Neener Neener

Started by dedndave, April 30, 2012, 04:47:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NPNW

Dave,

We live in Iowa City. If you take 380 to Iowa City from Cedar Rapids, its called Raceway 380. lots of speed, lots of idiots.

From memory fertilizer and hog feed commercials.... I would say you were here in the 80's. They still have the farm commercials, but not so much hog feed anymore. Progress!

You get an older person driving slow on the two lanes mostly. They stay off Raceway 380, they live longer. 

Gotta get to the Chiropractor, later!

dedndave

we went down to Iowa City for a concert - can't remember who it was - lol
we also went to Amana for dinner - loved that
that was 1979 - you were close

NPNW

Dave,

I was in jr high in 79 :) However, watching TV then I remember all the hog feed commercials.  We had hogs, they got fed by hand. We didn't get someone delivering that was for big hog farmers.

It has changed a lot here since 1979. We moved here 3 yrs ago, and 7 years ago to Cedar Rapids.

Rockwell has continued to grow in Cedar Rapids. They are probably the largest employer in Cedar Rapids.

Amana, has lost the maytag plant I believe. They are pretty small now. They struggle like most iowa towns. Finally with Corn prices riseing, farmers are making money. It has helped, although everything has tripled in price for cost of goods, so its all evened out.  Most people are leaving small towns because there are no jobs here. Hence why we moved from western Iowa to Eastern Iowa. We also like to visit Chicago as the kids have gotten old enough to travel. 12, 5, 3.

dedndave

i will always remember dinner in Amana
if i ever get up that way again, i will do it again
it was a German restaurant - made to appear as a WWII bomb shelter
they had good beer, of course - and piano - everyone was singing along to old songs while we ate - lol
edelweiss, edelweiss   :boohoo:

NPNW

Just had a festival at Amana. We went to Mount Vernon to look at chalk drawings. They do this several times a year, and throughout the summer around here.  If we can get a baby sitter, me and the wife may go have some wine, and beer.

dedndave

there in Cedar Rapids, the SW quarter of town was Bohemian
they had great butchers - and cheese, bread, etc
i think i gained 30 pounds living there

we ate like kings - steak 5 times a week - lol

NPNW

It got flooded 2008.

They are rebuilding it. One of the food places had to close the meat market, because it ruined their meat grinder smoker equipment which was from the early 1900's. Someone else I think took over the shop.

It's still not the same.... They are just building the Cedar Rapids Library.  It will take many many years to recover if they ever do fully.

thegazette.com/

Look up the czech village and they will have articles on how they are doing.

dedndave

that's a shame - i loved that place
they used to have a park with a little band stand where they would play polka music
(and other Bavarian "umpah" music)

reading through some of the articles...
Polehna's Meat Market - that's where we used to buy our meats - it was great
the Czech people that owned it would always say "here - try this !"
i tried a lot of stuff that i probably would not have, otherwise - lol

NPNW

they still have the band shelter I think. Polehna's Meat Market I believe was taken over by a new owner. I think they are doing okay. They moved the museum. So lots of changes, but when the water was reaching the bottom of the interstate downtown 30 feet above the river,  what do you expect. I have photo's someplace I'll have to post.

Farabi

Anyway, nice to have you here dave, dont worry about "quality" posting or something, just keep posting. :green
Those who had universe knowledges can control the world by a micro processor.
http://www.wix.com/farabio/firstpage

"Etos siperi elegi"

vanjast

hmmmm... THAT avatar's dissapeared - Good on Yah, Mate!!  :P

NPNW

Farabi,

I think you don't have tv and want Dave to post to keep you entertained while your computer is doing a compile :)