MASM32 SDK Description, downloads and other helpful links
MASM32.com New Forum Link
masmforum WebSite

Yahoo Mail

Started by sinsi, April 27, 2012, 09:25:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sinsi

Just got an email about my parcel that I apparently forgot about  :bg
Sent to my Yahoo account with a zip attachment. Because I am curious I downloaded it.
This means clicking on the attachment and waiting until Yahoo gives its little dialog "Scanning is complete and no viruses were detected".
Click continue, MSE pops up with a virus alert, there's a trojan! Who would have thought eh? Even hotmail wouldn't let me download it.

If one was needed, this is the final nail in the coffin for Norton. I will now be telling customers to steer clear of it and if they are using it will tell them to
waste the remainder of their subscription and get another AV.
Light travels faster than sound, that's why some people seem bright until you hear them.

zemtex

I had an email too, recently. The guy told me to send me the password to my e-mail account, the reason was to verify that the account was working and that he was the manager of my ISP company. He signed the e-mail only with the first name, no last name, and his english had bad grammars typically that of indians. I bet he was an indian.
I have been puzzling with lego bricks all my life. I know how to do this. When Peter, at age 6 is competing with me, I find it extremely neccessary to show him that I can puzzle bricks better than him, because he is so damn talented that all that is called rational has gone haywire.

dedndave

i have been seeing a number of e-mails in yahoo with attachments, lately

one type has an Excel spreadsheet with it
a person would have to be pretty gullible to open a spreadsheet from someone they don't know - lol
i'd say they are just helping microsoft identify Excel security issues   :P

another one is something like "here is a picture of you"

of course, i get the usual "russian bride" and "i have more money than god - help me move it" things

i delete more spam than i get actual e-mails
hell - i don't even open all the stuff that wasn't a spam   :bg

that's 3556 unopened
yah - like i want to spend my life looking at e-mails

for service, ring bell
for slow service, ring bell more than once
for no service, ring bell continuously

dedndave

here's another one...
i see a lot of these - in various forms

notice that the URL in the link does not match the one in the lower left corner   ::)

vanjast

I really dislike things like gmail/yahoo mail.. and those offsite/faraway 'pop3' servers.

A straight forward postbox that I have 'complete' control over works for me.
Plus a manual email checker deleter.

Maybe it's me, but I just LUVVVV deleting strange and 'unwanted' emails  :bdg