MASM32 SDK Description, downloads and other helpful links
MASM32.com New Forum Link
masmforum WebSite

DirectX 11 SDK

Started by Matthew, April 25, 2012, 08:21:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Matthew

This is probably a long shot...   :red

Has anyone converted the DirectX 11 .h files to .inc and could pass them on?

qWord

If DX9 is enough for you, you can use japhet's WinInc
FPU in a trice: SmplMath
It's that simple!

donkey

Just finished with 10 and I'm working on 11 this week, GoAsm only though...
"Ahhh, what an awful dream. Ones and zeroes everywhere...[shudder] and I thought I saw a two." -- Bender
"It was just a dream, Bender. There's no such thing as two". -- Fry
-- Futurama

Donkey's Stable

Matthew

Would it take much work, to make them compatible with masm?  Before you answer, consider I have no experience of the difference between GoAsm .inc and masm .inc files  :red

hutch--

Download site for MASM32      New MASM Forum
https://masm32.com          https://masm32.com/board/index.php

donkey

Quote from: Matthew on April 25, 2012, 09:08:24 PM
Would it take much work, to make them compatible with masm?  Before you answer, consider I have no experience of the difference between GoAsm .inc and masm .inc files  :red

Only where there are naming conflicts really. GoAsm has better scoping within structures so keywords can be used as structure members besides that DX11 is all COM based and the structures are mostly just COM interfaces so it would be pretty easy to convert them. The only real problem is that my headers use types that are all redefined automatically for Win64, that will have to be addressed but it can mostly be done with search/replace.
"Ahhh, what an awful dream. Ones and zeroes everywhere...[shudder] and I thought I saw a two." -- Bender
"It was just a dream, Bender. There's no such thing as two". -- Fry
-- Futurama

Donkey's Stable

Greenhorn__

This files should work with Japheth's WinInc.
I never tested the files, so maybe you have to edit them ...

Regards
Greenhorn
You can fool some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you can not fool all of the people all of the time.
(Abraham Lincoln)

zemtex

In most cases you don't need all of the stuff in the include file. Depends on what you need to do, if you are going to create a game, a tile based game, you only need to draw textures, and perhaps you need sprites too. That can be achieved relatively quickly. The difficult part is actually initializing direct3d, it takes quite a bit of coding just to get it running, and if you want it running perfectly, you need to spend a good amount of time setting it up well. I recommend that you spend much time practicing setting up direct3d, make a robust initialization library for direct3d, don't skip over this part, it is extremely important to have the basis working well. When you have the basis working, you will be glad you spent time making that part work. The rest is joy and adventure.
I have been puzzling with lego bricks all my life. I know how to do this. When Peter, at age 6 is competing with me, I find it extremely neccessary to show him that I can puzzle bricks better than him, because he is so damn talented that all that is called rational has gone haywire.

shlomok

While we are here, has anyone by any chance used the method described here for capturing screen shoots using Directx from masm?
http://www.codeproject.com/Articles/5051/Various-methods-for-capturing-the-screen

extern IDirect3DDevice9* g_pd3dDevice;
Void CaptureScreen()
{
    IDirect3DSurface9* pSurface;
    g_pd3dDevice->CreateOffscreenPlainSurface(ScreenWidth, ScreenHeight,
        D3DFMT_A8R8G8B8, D3DPOOL_SCRATCH, &pSurface, NULL);
    g_pd3dDevice->GetFrontBufferData(0, pSurface);
    D3DXSaveSurfaceToFile("Desktop.bmp",D3DXIFF_BMP,pSurface,NULL,NULL);
    pSurface->Release();

}

Thanks,

S.

baltoro

SHLOMOK,   
The approach is correct,...I have used a similar method in Visual Studio (C++), and it works.
I see no reason why it would fail in MASM.
Here is an article from Code Project: Various Methods for Capturing the Screen

...Looks like you took the code from this article.
Baltoro

shlomok

Quote from: baltoro on May 02, 2012, 07:28:19 PM
Here is an article from Code Project: Various Methods for Capturing the Screen

...Looks like you took the code from this article.

Hi,
Thanks!
I am contemplating between several options, the easiest is to use exiting masm32 code that was posted on the board and works beautifully but i don't understand half of it.

I did include a link to the original source in my post :) :) :)

S.