MASM32 SDK Description, downloads and other helpful links
MASM32.com New Forum Link
masmforum WebSite

RosAsm is back

Started by guga, March 28, 2012, 12:54:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

guga

Hi Guys

as i posted on another thread, i reactivated RosAsm forum and restarted updating it.
One of the plans i have in mind is finally finish teh libscanner and probably enable rosasm to import and export libraries files. The idea is to make the purpose of the libscanner a aditional feature for the disassembler and the DIS system and also, making RosAsm capable to import libraries in Coff format.

The problem is that since the source code is embeded in the file when the user import the lib file it won´t be able to actually "see" the source code of the embeded library. Most probably i´ll add a token (preparser) thta can be used for the user just assemble the file embeding the library, but when he sees the source code inside rosasm he will see the lib token, instead it´s contents.

Personally i prefer to translate the library and use only a specific function from it through the libscanner...but....enabling the import can fit both tastes...The ones that dont mind analysing the contents of the lib files and the others that choose to see it´s contents in order to import only the needed functions.

Also, about exporting lib files will be good for porting the lib to C compilers or other assemblers.
I plan also to enable the libscanner to convert OMF to coff libraries as well

The new forum is online and i uploaded some rosasm users apps there too.

http://rosasm.freeforums.org

donkey

Hi Guga,

Nice to see the project restarted, as you know not my particular cup of tea but many people did like it. Maybe without the rhetoric and personal attacks it will be more widely accepted this time around. At any rate good for you and good luck.
"Ahhh, what an awful dream. Ones and zeroes everywhere...[shudder] and I thought I saw a two." -- Bender
"It was just a dream, Bender. There's no such thing as two". -- Fry
-- Futurama

Donkey's Stable

hutch--

At the risk of starting ww4.5, what happened to Betov, I have not heard of him for years. Is fearless leader still with us ?
Download site for MASM32      New MASM Forum
https://masm32.com          https://masm32.com/board/index.php

jj2007

History of ww4 :bg

RosAsm's original developer has given up on it and declared it dead

Interesting pages, by the way - the author seems to have tested extensively most available assembers, including RosAsm, HLA, Fasm, Nasm, ...

guga

Hi guys, nice to see you all around here from those years..(it´s being a decade or more i imagine  :green2):)

Edgar...I was also surprised to see how many people are really working with RosAsm even thought the development had stopped something ago. About attacks...i have myu own opinion about it and personally i choose to be away frm battles and stuff. It don´t lead anyone to smewhere you know :)

Steve, no problem..i won´t start any WW  :green2 :green2 From rené, i don´t talk to him from some long time (3 or 4 years or so), the last thing i knew from him was that he was migrating to linux. I sincerelly hope he is well and healthy. Despites personal positions of others, i like rene, even don´t agreeing too much on his point of view of some issues. Concerning rosasm he left the project for his personal reasons and migrates to linux, but i hope i can be able to continue improving rosasm as better as i can.

It is really nice to see all of you my good old friends, and i´ll try to be more active here, on rosasm and other assembly forums to help improving the asm community.

Btw: What happened to Mr.P :green2 (Sorry, just kidding...) What happened to Randall, is he ok ? And what about f00der, svin, ewayne and the rest of the guys, how are them ?

Best Regards,
guga

guga

JJ2007

Martin was a great contributor fro us, and it was his personal opinion based on what he rene. seems to say when he migrated to linux..But....RosAsm is not dead at all.

I respect Martin, and partially agree about the lack of documentation devoted excluselly to begginners, but, this is something that in time (when i have it more) i´ll try to change improving rosasm, and tryng to reedit/update the documentation. For now, the more important is improve the updates i have in mind (some of them i already did years ago, but didn´t released them yet). There is a long road to analyse everything that needs to be made, and since i´m the only one remaining that is still developing it, it will take sometime to finish all (or most part) that i have in mind.

clive

Quote from: hutch-- on March 29, 2012, 02:50:31 AM
At the risk of starting ww4.5, what happened to Betov, I have not heard of him for years. Is fearless leader still with us ?

I don't know, and haven't followed any of this, but the examples/syntax do look godawful.
It could be a random act of randomness. Those happen a lot as well.

guga

? You mean Marteen macros ?

Yes..he made his own macro set.. Those are not rosasm default ones. In rosasm the user can build his own and personal macro set. There is no such a thing of a fixed Proc/EndP/IF/Else macros....All of those are user made macros and are available on the user apps (Or in case, the default rosasm ones). For me that is used to rosasm default macro set is hard to follow other macros that do things on a similar way, but, since the projecty was designed to guarante freedom to the programmer develop his apps accordying to his needs, when marteen designed his macros it fits to his needs only.

I don´t remember we have marteen macros inside rosasm project.