News:

MASM32 SDK Description, downloads and other helpful links
MASM32.com New Forum Link
masmforum WebSite

Raspberry PI

Started by oex, February 29, 2012, 11:53:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

oex

3900 on backorder for mid-April when I placed my order with Farnell just now :(.... +300 on backorder within previous 15 minutes I was told.... They sold out almost immediately....
We are all of us insane, just to varying degrees and intelligently balanced through networking

http://www.hereford.tv

bozo

I managed to register my interest with RS components since they also sold out straight away..pretty disappointing launch me thinks.
Saw the following on youtube....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7mY5P8EwYUw

dedndave

QuoteI managed to register my interest with RS Components

what does that mean ?
i am curious because i thought some of looking into a job there - they are in Corby
they are also made by Premier Farnell near Leeds

bozo

Oh, I just mean they sold out so fast that they now want people to register/pre-order on this page
My guess is it'll be sometime later this month or even april before everyone manages to get one.

A batch of 10,000 seemed a low volume considering the level of interest but perhaps they wanted to get more cash first...some say it was disaster with RS and Farnell sites buckling under load of requests from buyers.

Did you mean the RPI is made by Farnell or RS? I think they only distribute.

donkey

Same problem here, ordered through Newark, I'm still waiting for them to give me a projected delivery date.
"Ahhh, what an awful dream. Ones and zeroes everywhere...[shudder] and I thought I saw a two." -- Bender
"It was just a dream, Bender. There's no such thing as two". -- Fry
-- Futurama

Donkey's Stable

dedndave

QuoteDid you mean the RPI is made by Farnell or RS? I think they only distribute.

http://www.raspberrypi.org/

QuoteWe have entered into licensed manufacture partnerships with two British companies, Premier Farnell and RS Components.

however, both companies are world-wide - they may manufacture all of them in China
my understanding is that it is expensive to build electronic equipment in England

sinsi

Light travels faster than sound, that's why some people seem bright until you hear them.

dedndave

yah - i read someplace that it crashed their website - lol

clive

Quote from: dedndavei am curious because i thought some of looking into a job there - they are in Corby they are also made by Premier Farnell near Leeds
Things that grim in AZ that the UK looks better?
It could be a random act of randomness. Those happen a lot as well.

dedndave

Z likes it there   :P

raspberry-crumble

Ordered Raspberry PI, Model B from Farnell element14 - Order Date 5th March 2012 - Supplier Lead Time 58 days

We are very excited :-)

Who believes the 58 days?
Raspberry-Crumble.co.uk - Fans of the Raspberry Pi

clive

Quote from: raspberry-crumbleWho believes the 58 days?

As being too conservative, or too pessimistic?

Given component lead times of 12-26 weeks are very common, and chip vendors are only building against booked orders, it doesn't surprise me at all.
It could be a random act of randomness. Those happen a lot as well.

donkey

Got my email today with the projected delivery date, 8 to 12 weeks. So I confirmed the order and tossed in a couple of AT90S2323's and breadboards, I'm thinking that electronics and microcontrollers might be fun to learn as a hobby.
"Ahhh, what an awful dream. Ones and zeroes everywhere...[shudder] and I thought I saw a two." -- Bender
"It was just a dream, Bender. There's no such thing as two". -- Fry
-- Futurama

Donkey's Stable

anunitu

I am thinking I will wait until all the crazy dies down..Would be great for my Grand kids when they hit about 5 and 3 for a learning experience.

NPNW

Annuitu,

What type of projects... I have 12, 5, and 3 yr old  now.  The 12 yr old is interested in Assembly. I'm not sure I can get the 5 yr old to sit and code long enough, and the 3 yr old wants muddin trucks. Just bought him a muddin tractor, and he asked what it does. Plant crops, and do field work. That is a lesson for Grandpa.