News:

MASM32 SDK Description, downloads and other helpful links
MASM32.com New Forum Link
masmforum WebSite

Test for a little GUI

Started by kennie, December 12, 2011, 10:10:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kennie

This is a snapshot of my current project in it's prototype state.

It's a test-frame for writing some GUI-objects as a part of a GUI-programming system.
Since I don't had much experience in programming a GUI, I've started somewhere in the middle and tried to find out step by step how it could be designed. Currently there are these 10 object-types, all drawn with basic GDI-functions and GradientFill from MSIMG32.

rt_test1.zip (92 kB)

some programming details: sui_proto.pdf (264 kB)

Currently I'm writing on some other object-types and try to create and improve the frame-logic.
At a later time, I plan to put the GUI-functions into a DLL and write an editor for creating and arranging the objects. - Of course this will take some time but I think it's worth to try.

Jan. 2012 - added a new debug-window. Runs as another thread, a timer is set and the desired variables are checked 16 times per second. If a value was changed the value on the screen will be updated. This way, variables can be watched in nearly realtime. This is sometimes useful, f.e. to find the condition before a variable jumps to an invalid value.
New variables can be added by inserting a new record to 'dbg_val_table' and adding buffer and text to the source-code.

qWord

hi,

nice work.

If try to delete characters in the edit box using backspace, the program crash.

qWord
FPU in a trice: SmplMath
It's that simple!

jj2007

Nice work indeed :U

The editbox problem is a bit difficult to reproduce, but it does indeed crash sometimes, for me with the Delete key.

Vortex

Hi kennie,

Nice work and welcome to the forum :U

kennie

Quote from: Vortex on December 13, 2011, 06:09:14 PM

Nice work and welcome to the forum :U

Thanks, Vortex.

Actually I already was a member of this forum before. For some reason my account was deleted (maybe because I didn't posted anything for a longer time) so I re-entered with the same username.
Sometimes I'm only reading the forum :U without logging in.

Kennie

kennie

Quote from: qWord on December 12, 2011, 10:32:40 PM

If try to delete characters in the edit box using backspace, the program crash.

Quote from: jj2007 on December 12, 2011, 10:56:05 PM

The editbox problem is a bit difficult to reproduce, but it does indeed crash sometimes, for me with the Delete key.

That's bad, sorry, should not happen.  :red
Will begin debugging immediately.

Thanks for the reply !

Kennie

- backspace: There was a check if the cursor is at start of string. By mistake ptr [edi] instead of ptr [esi] was used. [edi] was undefined at that point. [fixed]

- delete: Fixed a bug in _paint, improved calculation of new caret-position after delete. [fixed]