Easy Code fails to load when Google Chrome is running.

Started by rogerd, November 11, 2011, 04:45:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rogerd

If Google Chrome is running, Easy Code will not load. As soon as I close Chrome, Easy Code loads without ant further action. Once loaded, Easy Code works perfectly well even if Chrome is then started.

Not a big problem, but a bit annoying if I have several Google tabs open when I want to start EasyCode.

My OS is Windows 7.

Ramon Sala

Hi rogerd,

Thanks for using Easy Code.

I'm sorry about the problem you report, but I really do not know what to say. I have been testing EC with Google Chrome running and it loads perfectly well in Windows 7 Home Premium (32/64-bit) and in Windows 7 Ultimate 32-bit. So, could you tell me the exact environment in which the problem appears? For example, you just start Windows 7, open Google Chrome and load EC, does it fail to load?

Thanks and sorry for the inconveniences,

Ramon
Greetings from Catalonia

rogerd

Hi Ramon,

Following your results, I, too, have found that just loading Chrome does not cause the problem.

I've investigated further and the problem seems to be something to do with the web pages that I have opened in Chrome. If I've loaded http://www.radiotimes.com/tv/tv-listings EC fails to load and even though I've subsequently unloaded this web page, the failure to load EC still occurs until I close Chrome. http://www.ebay.co.uk/ also causes the problem. Opening these web sites in Internet Explorer doesn't cause any problems.

This problem only seems to affect Easy Code.

I'm running Windows 7 Professional 64bit.

I'm a new convert to Easy Code as I am an exile from VB6 and can't get on with VB.NET. I get much more satisfaction writing programs in Assembler where I feel more in control and don't have to try and get my head round the .NET syntax which, to me, seems just a variation on the horrible C++.

Roger

Ramon Sala

Hi Roger,

I'm terribly sorry but I cannot see the problem you report, neither 32 and/or 64-bit verisons of Windows 7. Even when Google Chrome is opened with the two "conflictive" web pages causing the problem, Easy Code loads and compiles without problems. So in order to try to find out what is happening, could you please give me the following information?

- The version you are using (GoAsm or Masm)
- The path for 'EasyCode.Go' (or 'EasyCode.Ms') folder
- The path for 'GoAsm' (or 'Masm32') folder

Does the problem appear just starting Windows, opening Chrome and loading one (or both) of the pages causing the problem and then opening EC?

Since it is a very strange problem never reported before, I will try to fire it in my Windows 7 64-bit so that I can see what is happening.

Regards,

Ramon
Greetings from Catalonia

rogerd

Hi Ramon,

I'm using GoAsm version 0.56.7 which is located in C:\GoAsm\Bin

EasyCode is version 1.06.0.0001 and is located in C:\EasyCode106\Bin

The problem does appear immediately after a reboot before any other applications have run.

During writing this reply, I have just discovered that EasyCode does eventually load although it's taken about two minutes to appear (I haven't waited that long before).

I'll try doing a "clean" reboot without any unnecessary services starting and see if this makes any difference.

I appreciate you looking into this problem for me.

regards

Roger

rogerd

Hi Ramon again,

I tried the clean reboot but it made no difference.

Roger

Ramon Sala

Hi Roger,

Thanks for the info.

Sorry but I really don't know what to do. I'll ask for help to EC users. Meanwhile I'll try to run EC with the same configuration you have to see if I can find out the problem.

Regards,

Ramon
Greetings from Catalonia

Ramon Sala

By the way Roger, did you try with the last version of EC?
Greetings from Catalonia

Ramon Sala

Hi Roger,

I finally could make the problem to appear by running version 1.06.0.0001 on Windows 7 64-bit. There was a bug in that version that was fixed in versions 1.06.0.0002 and 1.06.0.0003. So, please download the last version (1.06.0.0011 released a few days  ago) and the problem will be solved:

http://www.masm32.com/board/index.php?topic=6761.0

Regards,

Ramon
Greetings from Catalonia

rogerd

Hi Ramon,

Many thanks for sorting this out for me.

The new version, as you said, has now fixed the problem.

Regards

Roger

Ramon Sala

Greetings from Catalonia