PellesC V6.5, Release Candidate #4

Started by Vortex, April 17, 2011, 05:13:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vortex

Here is version 6.5 RC #4

Report by Pelle :

Fixed compiler 'access violation' bug when running syntax check only (/Zs option).
Fixed compiler/inliner 'access violation' bug for old-style function definition, with auto-inlining (/Ob2).
Fixed compiler problem with conditional jump threading, artificial loop guard, and empty loop.
Fixed compiler problem with optional argument extension in the optimizer, when the expression contained a global variable.
Fixed rare compiler problem with side-effect in loop strength reduction expression.
Fixed rare compiler/inliner problem with x64 SEH unwinding.
Fixed rare compiler/code generator problem with x64 SEH unwinding.
Fixed rare compiler problem with post-increment/decrement of _Bool variable.
Fixed compiler/code generator problem with __writefsbyte/__writefsword intrinsic ("the world has changed yet again", fix #6739).
Fixed problem with intrinsic functions with more than two parameters, and targeting of fixed registers to multiple arguments.
Fixed problem with conversion from unsigned int/long long to float/double possibly trashing x86 register (register clobbering info lost).
Fixed register targeting for __stosq intrinsic -- second argument is 'long long' and nothing else.
Fixed problem in PODUMP disassembler with last source line of a function - in mixed assembly/source output.
Fixed problem in the IDE with color highlighting (and F1-help support) of _putwch C runtime function.
Fixed problem in the IDE where a RIGHT or CTRL+RIGHT key changed the current line, and a following UP/DOWN key moved the caret to a "surprising"/"innovative" place.
Fixed problem in the IDE with New Project dialog, when typing a new location in Standard mode produced a "corrupt" project file.
Fixed problem in the IDE with the project dependency scanner, and a cycle in referenced include files (the problem may have been introduced with the new cache in 6.50, but I havn't checked older versions).
Improved the debuggers process memory reader (x86, x64); it will now handle a request to read a block beginning at an "unaccessible" address, and ending at an "accessible" address.
Changed the resource compilers search strategy for include files with a relative path, like "..\c.h" (i.e. not a "standard place"); should better match Microsoft RC.EXE.

http://www.smorgasbordet.com/pellesc/download.htm

GregL

Almost a year and nothing new on 6.50 RC. ???

Vortex

Hi Greg,

All depends on Pelle. He's the only person who can tell about the current situation.

GregL

Hi Vortex. I just hope he hasn't lost interest in Pelle's C.

[Edit] I was just reading the "Where's Pelle" topic on the Pelle's C Forum. Sounds like he's just taking a break from it. You would think he would have released the 6.50 Release first but "stuff happens".

zemtex

Can't expect too much from lonely wolves. People who work alone usually have too much work. In the beginning they are enthusiastic, later on they get overwhelmed and try to escape from it. Then they get back again when they are interested again. And then suddenly the project is cut off.

Be careful becoming too dependent on programs like that, it is a much safer bet to invest your time in learning the features of a program that is ensured to continue, by a big software company for example.

A good example is OllyDbg vs Ida Pro. It is just a matter of time before Olly dies, but Ida will continue. When Olly is gone, you have to re-learn all the features that was special to olly, in a new way by using Ida Pro for example. Time wasted.
I have been puzzling with lego bricks all my life. I know how to do this. When Peter, at age 6 is competing with me, I find it extremely neccessary to show him that I can puzzle bricks better than him, because he is so damn talented that all that is called rational has gone haywire.

jj2007

Quote from: zemtex on April 16, 2012, 05:55:06 PM
A good example is OllyDbg vs Ida Pro.

I prefer Olly :bg

zemtex

I've used OllyDbg more than I've used Ida Pro. But I am peeking into Ida Pro from time to time, I like the draggable boxes.

If you like Olly, consider sending him an e-mail telling him how wonderful it is. If nobody gives feedback and don't get paid at all, it can be easy to give up.
I have been puzzling with lego bricks all my life. I know how to do this. When Peter, at age 6 is competing with me, I find it extremely neccessary to show him that I can puzzle bricks better than him, because he is so damn talented that all that is called rational has gone haywire.

jj2007

Quote from: zemtex on April 16, 2012, 07:43:58 PMIf you like Olly, consider sending him an e-mail telling him how wonderful it is. If nobody gives feedback and don't get paid at all, it can be easy to give up.

You are absolutely right, my last mail to Oleh was already two years ago :red