-hidelib update to 1.72.00
-added menu Make -> HLA on Active Source
adds direct hla support, bypassing HIDE build settings
-changed behavior of hlaopt environment to work
only with HLA on Active Source
-HLA on Active source runs the commandline
hla %hlaopt% %s

Spunner

Install method?  Unzip into C:\HIDE or C:\HLA\HIDE or ?

I tried it in both locations, tried to run the program from the first example in Randall Hyde (pun intended?)'s book and crashed HLAPARSE.EXE after I hit F5

(WinXP SP3 FWIW)

Spunner

I found that when I copied out of my e-book, some of the spaces were A0 instead of 20, so I fixed that with a hexeditor, so now I get a different error...

When I tried to run hlaparse manually (the HIDE folder is currently at C:\HLA\HIDE and the program currently saved at C:\HLA\HIDE\ex1.hla)

QuoteC:\hla>hlaparse hide\ex1.hla
Error in file "hide\ex1.hla" at line 1 [errid:4939/hla.flx]:
Could not open include file "stdlib.hhf"
(path="\stdlib.hhf").
Near: << ) >>

Attached is the corrected ex1.hla

anunitu

This is a link for a PDF on how to install HLA. The link is from Randy's site.

http://homepage.mac.com/randyhyde/webster.cs.ucr.edu/HighLevelAsm/HLADoc/HLARef/HLARef_pdf/03_InstallingHLA.pdf

Sorry,I also posted this in another thread in here by mistake.

Spunner

This is a great forum!  Very helpful. 

The pdf you gave me led me to think about the environment variables, so after checking Microsoft KB: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/310519 where I realised that I needed to reboot the computer after installing HLA so that the system environment variables set by the HLA setup I ran yesterday would become active.

Then it compiled fine using HLA.exe, but HIDE was another matter, I still had the same error

So I expanded the "Output" section at the bottom and found that there was a folder mentioned
QuoteOutput Path: "C:\hla\HIDE\temp\"
Eureka!! I created the temp\ folder, and it compiled fine.

Thanks for the nudge in the right direction.

Sevag.K, you might want to have that folder created in the .zip file - put in a 0-byte file "ignore.me" if you need. ;)

anunitu

Glad I could help,sometimes it those little details that give you brain burn..It helps if you have a good understanding of DOS sometimes, batch files are kinda a hold over in Windows.

Sevag.K

i tried it with both powerarchiver and 7-zip and the temp folder was properly created.  there is probably a setting in your zip program for creating empty folders.

however, since this is not the first time people have had this problem, next version of HIDE (when i get a chance, and yes, pun is intended) i'll have HIDE actually check for the temp folder on startup and create one if it's missing.

DarkWolf

Quote from: Spunner on June 19, 2011, 08:39:39 AM
I found that when I copied out of my e-book, some of the spaces were A0 instead of 20, so I fixed that with a hexeditor, ...

Keep an eye on the quotaion characters as well. Some PDF's or ebooks may use the wrong one and that might throw up an error.
--
Where's there's smoke, There are mirrors.
Give me Free as in Freedom not Speech or Beer.
Thank You and Welcome to the Internet.

sasmaster

Cool ,#Spunner  thanks ! Had no clue how to resolve this error.    :bg