News:

MASM32 SDK Description, downloads and other helpful links
MASM32.com New Forum Link
masmforum WebSite

What is with Ray Duncan?

Started by Gunther, September 26, 2010, 11:15:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gunther

In the middle of the 80s, I was influenced by Ray Duncan's books. For example: Advanced MS-DOS Programming, Power Programming With Microsoft Macro Assembler or Extending DOS: A Programmer's Guide to Protected-Mode DOS. These are well written and good readable books. Of course, that's only my point of view.

Does anyone know what he is doing now? A quick internet search brings the book titles but no other information, while Charles Petzold has a Wiki entry (with Windows tattoo).

Gunther
Forgive your enemies, but never forget their names.

MichaelW

Ray Duncan has been an MD since at least the mid 1980's.
eschew obfuscation

raygduncan

Since 1977, actually... It's one of those things that seemed like a good idea at the time...

One of my old friends from the PC Mag days pointed me to this thread.

So I'm still alive, but haven't done any writing for technical magazines since about 1995. I may go back to writing some day, once my kids are all out of college and graduate school... but I definitely got it out of my system for now.

Still do a bit of programming in addition to my day job, but I live in the world of web applications and Oracle databases now.

Regards to all,
Ray Duncan

redskull

I also found your books very influential, well-written, and readable, and it's my honor to thank you personally.
Strange women, lying in ponds, distributing swords, is no basis for a system of government

dedndave

welcome to the forum Ray !!!   :U

your books were a great influence on me, as well
also - the magazine articles were like candy to me - lol

thanks for all !!!

EDIT
oh - and thank your friend for sending you our way   :U

hutch--

Hi Ray,

Welcome on board. Could we lead you astray with some good quality assembler ?  :bg
Download site for MASM32      New MASM Forum
https://masm32.com          https://masm32.com/board/index.php

FORTRANS

Hi,

Hello from another fan from back then.  Thanks for all
your work.  Helped me out a fair bit.

Regards,

Steve N.

GregL

I read a couple of your books too Ray, they were great.  In the good old days when PC Magazine utilities came with MASM source code listings.  Cheers.  :U

Gunther

Ray,

you're very welcome here.

Gunther
Forgive your enemies, but never forget their names.