MASM32 SDK Description, downloads and other helpful links
MASM32.com New Forum Link
masmforum WebSite

browser hopping

Started by shankle, March 16, 2010, 11:06:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

shankle

Hi Anunitu,
I gave up with K-Meleon, sorry to say, as it seems to be inoperative .
Have been running IRON for a while now and it seems to be ok IMHO.
The greatest crime in my country is our Congress

locche

I'm still using Firefox 2 for flash sites on win 2000. If you look about, you can 1) find a flash 9/10 zip file with just the dll(npswf32.dll) and flashplayer.xpt).  I think I found mine on some macromedia ftp site.  To stop the websites from nagging about updates you'll have to change the user agent string I'm afraid. There a couple of sites about with the latest user agent strings. 
I also like Opera for its speed, the Notes tab is handy, and the keyboard tabs are almost as fast as those in links. I use 9.52. The best thing about Opera, I find, is the F12 button. You can toggle all the annoyance options in a flash instead of menu wading.  The bookmarks file format IS annoying. I wrote a prog to filter out the links from the binary garb for transfer between computers.
If you consider Chrome, you might like to have a look at "Default History.htm".  38 megs on my son's computer. That dirty bugger. I mean it stores EVERYTHING. Every search conducted in Google, YouTube, Amazon, etc..  Hefty.

dedndave

i still use Firefox version 3.6.10   :P
they are all the way up to verion 10 or something with bloat - lol

Yahoo Messenger is a bad one for keeping tabs on you
it installs itself as a .COM object
(hope i used proper context there - what little i know about .COM)

i did manage to find a way to block it, but it causes bugs in normal operation of Windows Explorer
i will have to dig into it deeper to take the wind out of its' sails   :P