News:

MASM32 SDK Description, downloads and other helpful links
MASM32.com New Forum Link
masmforum WebSite

Dealing with Wikipedia at a domain level.

Started by hutch--, February 08, 2010, 09:20:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DarkWolf

I still find Wikipedia's protest against SOPA hilarious. They are one of the biggest violators of copyright on the net.

Take the small articles that don't have any authors knowledgble on a subject. They just copy and paste from a related website. Go to the Fresh IDE article to see what I mean. They copied the Fresh frontpage almost word or word for the introduction.

The HLA article is marked for deletion. Some editors who appear to have no programming skill are arguing over what the article is and whether it should be deleted. One of  editors if you read her profile clearly indicates that she just parks on and edits wiki articles.
--
Where's there's smoke, There are mirrors.
Give me Free as in Freedom not Speech or Beer.
Thank You and Welcome to the Internet.

hutch--

Sounds about right, while I don't support SOPA in its current form, Wikipedia editors try and do anything they like including copyright violations on a regular basis and their internal mechanism to remove copyright violations is slow and flawed.

Not so the appropriate solution to Wikipedia editors and Wikipedia in general, a server block kills this nonsense stone dead.

You should have seen the nonsense that occurred with both the MASM page and the now defunct JWASM page, a bunch of technical illiterates with DICK in hand were trying to make decisions on a subject they had trouble spelling let alone understand.

Block them and the lazy bastards have to produce their own technical data and provide the bandwidth to display it.
Download site for MASM32      New MASM Forum
https://masm32.com          https://masm32.com/board/index.php

vanjast

Quote from: Hugh Aguilar on January 07, 2012, 04:08:25 AM
.. "technicalish" is my own coined word --- how do you like it?
Sounds good.. you can place that on Wiki  :bg

Nah.. I agree with you that wiki is really nothing more than a layman's information site, but it has it's uses  :bg