News:

MASM32 SDK Description, downloads and other helpful links
MASM32.com New Forum Link
masmforum WebSite

Unicode in Quick Editor?

Started by Gunnar Vestergaard, December 14, 2009, 09:45:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ghandi

The charset isnt 'just' char-null.. I've attached the PDF i found which outlines Cyrillic (they're hex values) and i've also attached a simple example (WinASM project) which uses the widestring variant of API to display a dialog and change its title text. It is worth noting though that i havent used the string in resources, instead hardcoding it into the data section with each char as a hexadecimal word.

With my system set to English (US) i get the Russian chars and with it set to Russian i get the same. I think if you were to use this approach, you would need to let the user set the language and then update the strings used by the application? Dunno, im pretty much agreeing with Dave, if my knowledge of the Russian language were dynamite, it wouldnt be enough to even mess my hair up.

HR,
Ghandi

UtillMasm

i think WideChar is all character.
if you need display or input all the WideChar character, you need install all fonts.

jj2007

Quote from: hutch-- on December 16, 2009, 08:01:05 AM
An ANSI riched edit 2 control will display east asian fonts, you just cannot type them in or save them.

It displays Arabic and Russian, it saves Arabic and Russian, and the plain text Unicode file that RichMasm writes to the *.rc file contains Arabic and Russian, as can be verified by opening it in Ms Word.

And I am glad that I didn't hit the "Post" button right away, because I just relaunched the ResDlgMb.asm on my desktop and voilà, the bloody dialog displays Arabic and Russian...!!

Mysteries of Windows. On my notebook, everything displays Arabic except that dialog...

EDIT: One mystery solved. To display Arabic, check "Install files for complex script and right-to-left languages" in Control Panel, Regional and Language Options, Languages. The remaining mystery is why afterwards Russian becomes visible, too -  not exactly a "complex script" language, and written from left to right. Oh Bill, if you had to pay for every hour wasted due to poor documentation, you would be a poor man :green